C&C parts bugged on Windows 10

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

C&C parts bugged on Windows 10

Unread post by Bluearga »

Hi,

I have problem with my C&C when I upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer detects that it is installed. When I try to open the creation of these parts, the game go crash. During painting I have "empty" motifs from the expansion, C&C parts not appear.

The disc drive does not read my C&C disc, so afraid to uninstall it. SPORE and GA working properly.

Any ideas how fix it?

@Edit: I noticed that in compability with Win 7 / Vista I can preview the creatures of these parts, and sometimes it look good and sometimes it is bugged. However, I can't edit it because go the crash.

Good: http://oi61.tinypic.com/14y5tfr.jpg
Bad: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2n6w7mh.jpg (My Moonstruck Dragon, I save you! ;_; )

Please help cure my Moonstruck Dragon and other creatures. D:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: C&C parts bugged on Windows 10

Unread post by rob55rod »

...have you tried completely reinstalling the entire game set?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

I really hate reinstall this game, installing the patches manually is awful and backup my creation does not always work properly. Besides, as I wrote - disc drive does not read my C&C disc, when I run "Autorun.exe" nothing happens. On a computer with Win XP this running, on Win 10 does not. Probably cause some security / no libraries in this system.

I wondered if the cause is not in the registry, but the computer sees that the expansion is installed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bluearga wrote:I really hate reinstall this game, installing the patches manually is awful and backup my creation does not always work properly. Besides, as I wrote - disc drive does not read my C&C disc, when I run "Autorun.exe" nothing happens. On a computer with Win XP this running, on Win 10 does not. Probably cause some security / no libraries in this system.

I wondered if the cause is not in the registry, but the computer sees that the expansion is installed.
Wait...there should be a package file on the disk, which I believe was called either "BP1_Data" or "BoosterPack_01". Try copying it into your Galactic Adventures Data folder, and let me know if that helps.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

I did it and still nothing. I also tried to copy it to a SPORE folder but nothing.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Ok, I reinstall all game and now this working... Finally.

But I noticed something. Core Spore without any patches don't work on Win 10 - this always crash when run and Windows write "This application has stopped working" but when I install C&C, this start working. Strange.

Moral: When updating the system to Win 10 you must reinstall the game.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bluearga wrote:Ok, I reinstall all game and now this working... Finally.

But I noticed something. Core Spore without any patches don't work on Win 10 - this always crash when run and Windows write "This application has stopped working" but when I install C&C, this start working. Strange.

Moral: When updating the system to Win 10 you must reinstall the game.
Okay, good to know. I'll add that to the "Guide to running Spore on a Modern Computer" I'm working on :mrgreen:

Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

I believe you can download the patches from online, without having to run the game or be logged in, it's been useful to me since the servers have been down.
I got patches 1.5, and 6 both from moddb

I hope this is helpful.

I'm not a frequent forumer
Formerly known as the homicidal-cup-of-whatever
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Gearaz wrote:I believe you can download the patches from online, without having to run the game or be logged in, it's been useful to me since the servers have been down.
I got patches 1.5, and 6 both from moddb

I hope this is helpful.

I'm not a frequent forumer
I take it you haven't noticed that we provide such patches right here on Davoonline? :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”