Expanded vanilla party v.9

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Expanded vanilla party

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

In my mod you can change the captain’s physiology...
Yes of course, it's already a minimum :)
But the problem is that you can't change your name, as well as the Colonists :(, I don't know if that's the case for both, but it's at least one of the two .
But you want to replace it with a ready-made one from Sporopedia...
Yes, because as I said, most of my Captains have already been modified outside of a save game, and you have to take into account, the hours of work that it requires when you make a creation ;), especially since I make complex creatures down to the smallest details, and now that I have installed modded elements, I would like to replace my old Captains whose appearance I improved with these elements, like these elements are not available in the Captain editor, but for Settlers... yes! I can still modify them before moving on to the Space Phase, that way, my Captain will have the appearance of the Settlers from the start, then. But for the other Captains, it's too late.
I’ll try to implement this on my own...I can’t just add a mod.
That would suit me, thank you ;)
Sorry, but I don't understand anything about all these numbers and codes, especially since it's in English, which is not my language. :oops:

:arrow: Also, I tend to associate the name of the mother planet with my Creature, so if I want to change Captain with a completely different appearance, is there a mod that allows me to change the name of the planet mother? I had seen that there was one for the other planets, but it didn't work for the parent planets. Even if it asks for the ModAPI, just to at least know if a mod exists.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

FrenchSPORE wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:05 am Okay, but since I saw that the Advanced_CE mod was included in this mod, and that the mod itself required the ModAPI to work, I figured it was possible
That's different. Advanced CE has an older version that did not require the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, as its effects are already present in Spore's code - they're just only normally in the building editor.
The version incorporated into this mod is worse though; it suffers from an issue that I used the Spore ModAPI to fix in a later version.

For these reasons, I request that Advanced CE is removed from this mod. I still maintain the mod, and any new versions will also require the ModAPI, so they will be incompatible with the mod.

You don't need to remove it if you don't want to, though; I used the MIT license on the repo, which states that anyone can use it in any way.
I simply am requesting that you do, so that the mods do not risk being incompatible at all.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Okay.

And for this?
:arrow: Also, I tend to associate the name of the mother planet with my Creature, so if I want to change Captain with a completely different appearance, is there a mod that allows me to change the name of the planet mother? I had seen that there was one for the other planets, but it didn't work for the planets mother. Even if it asks for the ModAPI, just to at least know if a mod exists.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I have Spore Hero too.
artguk
Creature
Creature

Unread post by artguk »

FrenchSPORE and vanillacold
Advanced CE is not included in my mod. stop talking about this.
I clearly outlined what was integrated and what was done independently in the modification description.
You saw similar functionality and dreamed up all sorts of nonsense.
Image Regarding the possibility of changing the captain.
I myself was looking for the possibility of such a substitution and I achieved results in transforming windows in Sporopedia,
but I’m so tired of both of you and your arguments that if you really want to have this function, do it yourself or someone else. Enough.
Tired of it.
And yes. It's really not convenient to change the captain through the console.
And yes. Stop pushing SporeApi into any functionality. Use your brains.
And yes. SporeApi works poorly with licenses from Steam.
And yes. I'm not a vain, so you can integrate my functionality anywhere without any problems.
:evil:
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Advanced CE is not included in my mod. stop talking about this.
I clearly outlined what was integrated and what was done independently in the modification description.
-Horizontal offset [Shift] and vertical offset [Ctrl] in all editors (The smaller the part size, the more accurate the positioning.)
Okay, I saw that, don't worry, it works like Advanced CE, but it's not this mod, it's a similar mod, okay now that you you said it, I understood! But I couldn't know it, for me it was logical that it was "Advanced CE"! So don't yell at me about it! Eh? :evil:
I didn't imagine anything or say anything absurd, I tried to see if there were possibilities to make the game better and make the fans happy, that's all! There's nothing wrong with giving ideas! It's not forcing, I'm not forcing anything!
I'm starting with mods, There are still things that I think there are a whole bunch of possibilities, that I believe, and other things that I do not know! Sorry for not being an expert! Can that be understood?
...do it yourself or someone else.
Easier said than done! I would like to be able to do it, but I don't understand anything in all these coded messages, I even regret not being a Goddess in English :? .
And when it comes to asking someone else to do it, it’s the same! How to do it if no one answers you? This is far too often the case! And it’s everywhere like that! I've already proposed mod ideas on the section, and no one responded! And I'm not the only one! Even on old topics, there are still some that have no answers!

As for the Steam version, it doesn't concern me, personally...

Okay that's fine, I'll stop there, and there was no need to get upset! :evil: I don’t know if you do this at home, but at home in France, when things bother us, in general, we first explain them calmly without getting upset! And often they add at the end of their message:"...sorry for this little rant, followed by why the person got a little carried away", It hurts less in the brain and is less surprising to the person who upset them, especially when she didn't want it! Like me, I reassure you! So it’s quite shocking! This is called a "warning". Afterwards, if things are not understood, yes, I agree, you can get upset.
I don't know if you're part of the moderation team or if you're an associate, but if you are, you should at least know to do that. :?
And I'm not at all the type to pick trouble with people, nor lie, nor invent anything, etc...! I reassure you again that I do not have this immature mentality!

:!:

I have Spore Hero too.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

artguk wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 am Advanced CE is not included in my mod. stop talking about this.
My bad. I apologise for this; I didn't realise it was the case.
I didn't really look at the feature list, to be entirely honest; I simply saw that other people said the mod was included, and assumed that this was the case.
Again, my bad; I'm sorry for this.
Stop pushing SporeApi into any functionality. Use your brains.
On the contrary, the Spore ModAPI is the only way to add completely new functionality to the game.
Package files only add new data, rather than any code, so they are limited in what they can do.

Without it, adding custom code to Spore is impossible, so many mods I have created (such as the Swap Save File mod and the new features I am adding to Solar Spore and Advanced CE) would not exist at all.
And yes. SporeApi works poorly with licenses from Steam.
This is no longer the case.
Granted, it was at first, but a fix has been found and implemented, so Steam Spore works fine with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit now.
And yes. I'm not a vain, so you can integrate my functionality anywhere without any problems.
:evil:
I'm not either. If someone else makes a mod that's similar to mine, that's entirely fine. I've even made the source code for many of my mods public, so that people can learn from them or even fork them to make their own versions. (granted, the code of many of my mods is a mess, so it's not the best place to learn from.)

I just don't think it's for the best that large-scale mods include smaller mods, since someone might want to use a more up-to-date version of the standalone mods alongside the larger, but now-incompatible mods.

(To put it into perspective; it would be like if I included the Advanced CE mod in my gameplay mod, Solar Spore, but included an outdated version that was incompatible with the larger mod. It would only make sense for people to complain, since they can't use features from new versions of the standalone mod alongside the larger modpack, and I want everyone to be spared from this in the event that it does happen.)

This is the last I'm going to say on this matter, though. I don't want to derail the topic any more from the mod itself, and I also don't want to cause any more discourse here.
I apologise greatly if I have upset anyone here at all, and I hope to make it up to you one day.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

...If someone else makes a mod that's similar to mine, that's entirely fine. ....
I may not be the only one who thought this, but I thought of this:
:arrow: When we go to the Captain's editor, now make it possible to choose/load a creature from the Sporpedia, and once the "new" Captain is chosen, it will also be possible to leave the Captain's editor with this new creature! Whereas in normal times, this action is impossible to do!
It would look a bit like the mod Genetic Library.

I have Spore Hero too.
artguk
Creature
Creature

Re: Expanded vanilla party v.8

Unread post by artguk »

vanillacold wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:46 pm Это последнее, что я скажу по этому поводу, хотя. Я не хочу больше срывать тему с самого мода, а также не хочу вызывать здесь дальнейшую дискуссию.
Я очень извиняюсь, если вообще кого-то расстроил, и надеюсь однажды загладить свою вину.
I overreacted a little bit. It's okay. :)
FrenchSPORE wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:13 am Ладно ничего страшного, на этом остановлюсь , и не надо было расстраиваться! Не знаю, делаете ли вы это дома, но дома во Франции, когда нас что-то беспокоит, мы вообще сначала объясняем это спокойно , не расстраиваясь!
I apologize. I was really on fire. I'm just tired of repeating like a parrot that I didn't use the mods you pointed out.
Everything in my mod is written on the title page and divided into two parts. In the first part of the description my own modifications, and in the second part of the description are theintegrated modifications. ;)
artguk
Creature
Creature

Re: Expanded vanilla party v.8

Unread post by artguk »

Update:
- In the space stage, in the mission dialog box, you can order your colonies to attack colonies of other civilizations (empires)
- All tools of the space stage become available earlier than in the original (open the collections window "L" to find out which tool will be available to you when).
- The "invisible brush" creature implant can now be reduced in size.
- The visual appearance of the "Captain" badge has been changed in the space stage
- In the adventure editor, PageUp(Home)/PageDown(End) and Num1(Num7)/Num3(Num9) keys allow you to rotate the camera around its axis similarly to the middle mouse button.
- Optimized and changed the effect of the Remote Contactor weapon.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Expanded vanilla party v.9

I apologize. I was really on fire. I'm just tired of repeating like a parrot that I didn't use the mods you pointed out.
Everything in my mod is written on the title page and divided into two parts. In the first part of the description my own modifications, and in the second part of the description are theintegrated modifications.
Okay, it's not that I said that you didn't use the reported mods, but when I saw when you said ''- I added and changed something else, but I don't remember. :lol:'' to the comment of July 27, you may have believed that, I tried to help you remember it, who could make you believe that I said that you included certain mods, and when I didn't know that some were similar, that we didn't seem to understand each other on certain details and that you didn't come back to what you remember more (you may have remembered it, but you didn't specify what it is, even if you added it or not in your list of changes, I don't know, me)... well that's how it went into a tailspin. :?
- In the space stage, in the mission dialog box, you can order your colonies to attack colonies of other civilizations (empires)
It's good that, that's what our Colonies were missing ;), sometimes, it was a bit heavy to always ask others to do it!

I have Spore Hero too.

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”