Is it possible to do a "2D" Creature Editor?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Is it possible to do a "2D" Creature Editor?

Unread post by Hitmonplays »

you know how there are those mods that give you a 3D cell editor? what about a mod for a "2D" creature editor? (2D in parentheses because it's still technically 3D, just in a permanent top-down view.) It'd basically just be the cell editor's top-down view, except with all the creature editor parts (including modded) in the palette. (that's what the tutorial pop-up calls it, i just like to call it the menu tho) i know nothing about modding, so i don't know if it'll be a problem to do this or not.

NO GOD CAN SAVE ME NOW! because i am god... of my own digital universe of course! hehe...
I'm gonna try and make my own mods, i know nothing about modding! qwq
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Is it possible to do a "2D" Creature Editor?

Unread post by Darhagonable »

That should definitely be possible but i don't see why one would want that lol
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Darhagonable wrote:That should definitely be possible but i don't see why one would want that lol
yeah it was stupid nevermind i guess-
it would be for mainly personal purposes, because many people who'd see it would say the exact same thing as you did... i kinda wanna do it for test purposes too i guess?
NO GOD CAN SAVE ME NOW! because i am god... of my own digital universe of course! hehe...
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Hitmonplays wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:That should definitely be possible but i don't see why one would want that lol
it would be for mainly personal purposes, because many people who'd see it would say the exact same thing as you did... i kinda wanna do it for test purposes too i guess?
It's not stupid :P
you could probably make it yourself, just pick up SporeModder FX and look at editor_setup~\CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t and compare it to CellTemplate.prop.prop_t
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Darhagonable wrote:
Hitmonplays wrote:
It's not stupid :P
you could probably make it yourself, just pick up SporeModder FX and look at editor_setup~\CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t and compare it to CellTemplate.prop.prop_t
how do i add in the thing to SMFX?
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Hitmonplays wrote:
Darhagonable wrote: you could probably make it yourself, just pick up SporeModder FX and look at editor_setup~\CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t and compare it to CellTemplate.prop.prop_t
?
At what point do you get stuck? How far have you come?
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Darhagonable wrote:
Hitmonplays wrote:
Darhagonable wrote: you could probably make it yourself, just pick up SporeModder FX and look at editor_setup~\CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t and compare it to CellTemplate.prop.prop_t
?
At what point do you get stuck? How far have you come?
i added the Game & Graphics file-thing into SMFX, hoping i'd find the file you're talking about, but i only found things that redirect to those files, and not the files themselves, maybe due to my search?
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Hitmonplays wrote: i added the Game & Graphics file-thing into SMFX, hoping i'd find the file you're talking about, but i only found things that redirect to those files, and not the files themselves, maybe due to my search?
Make a new project, name it whatever you want and use Spore (Game & Graphics) as source.
Then find the folder editor_setup~ in the file tree.
Then in that folder you should find the file called CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t.
it should be there
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Darhagonable wrote:
Hitmonplays wrote: i added the Game & Graphics file-thing into SMFX, hoping i'd find the file you're talking about, but i only found things that redirect to those files, and not the files themselves, maybe due to my search?
Make a new project, name it whatever you want and use Spore (Game & Graphics) as source.
Then find the folder editor_setup~ in the file tree.
Then in that folder you should find the file called CreatureEditorSetup.prop.prop_t.
it should be there
ok, did that, now what
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

first off when in that file.. click the Modify button. this will add the file to your project.
In that file you should find a key with camera in the name. there might be multiple but you should be able to figure it out by the names or by hovering the text. Then you should modify the file name that comes after wards. you can compare with CellTemplate.prop.prop_t and you might understand what needs to be done :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”