underwater spore mod

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Spencer22
Hatchling
Hatchling

underwater spore mod

Unread post by Spencer22 »

I see all of these videos, that in the old version of spore, there was an editor that could let you make an underwater dwelling creature(NOT cell stage). if there is a way to unlock it please tell me, or at least make a mod that lets me.

Spencer22
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: underwater spore mod

Unread post by Spencer22 »

Firsties!!!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

oh do i wish i could find it. i has to be somewhere. but where is what i want to know! i have tried many times to make a creature dwell underwater.
Rebecca1208
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Rebecca1208 »

Strange thing, I've managed to make my captain fall straight through the ocean and walk on ground in an adventure. Everyone else who's succesfully played the adventure has reported the same thing. Only problem is, though, the camera doesn't zoom in with the captain while submerged, and getting underwater involved a 15minute drop from outer space.

I don't know the limits of modding, but if you were to increase the falling rate, a person's captain would be able to fall into the sea quite quickly. Further modding to allow the camera to follow the captain all the way through. With really clever editting, you could do this in the creature stage, rather than an adventure.

These are just suggestions which (hopefully) are of any use to you. If looking at the adventure at all provides any help, let me know and I'll find you the link/download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i noticed that in creature stage, if i flew beyond my planets atmosphere, then fell, i would hit rock bottom, literally! is that what you were doing? i would like to try the adventure out too!
Rebecca1208
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Rebecca1208 »

Sort of. I was making a basic adventure, where you dive into the ocean from a high height. For the adventure's purpose, I was lucky the transporters glitched out completely!

Here's the adventure.

And if it helps, I made a video of it.
dragonethan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by dragonethan »

I have an idea! Combine the creature stage camera view with the 3d cell stage mod,but instead of creature parts add new parts that are aquatic. If you can't add a new selection of the Ingame features why not increase the creature stage and make the beginning an aquatic stage instead of coming out of the water from the cell stage and come out later when you finished aquatic stage.
It would make a great addition to spore resurrection
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

dragonethan wrote:I have an idea! Combine the creature stage camera view with the 3d cell stage mod,but instead of creature parts add new parts that are aquatic. If you can't add a new selection of the Ingame features why not increase the creature stage and make the beginning an aquatic stage instead of coming out of the water from the cell stage.
a) Last post was 5 years old
b) All the speculation on this thread has been proven false since.
c) We can't make an Aquatic Stage. As for an editor...well, that depends on your definition of "Aquatic Editor".
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
iherdyoulikespore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by iherdyoulikespore »

Drag my avatar into your economic aircraft editor for free floating statistically effective pizzas!

This is how i feel about your article.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

iherdyoulikespore wrote:Nobody mention this?
That's a Creature Stage override. BTW, I'm not sure, but I think the authors said the mod was cancelled.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
iherdyoulikespore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by iherdyoulikespore »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:
iherdyoulikespore wrote:Nobody mention this?
That's a Creature Stage override. BTW, I'm not sure, but I think the authors said the mod was cancelled.
Creature stage override or not, the OP said he was going for an aquatic editor and thats the thing the Forgotten Spore people have out on this time. Granted, the OP is probably cruising the world on his luxury boat around about now, but i won't think we'll see anything closer to the aquatic stage for a million years, if years was a time measurement that went by the pseudonym "we killed your games servers after half of the games modding community went up in flames and now not even the Maxis team could do it even if they were given a million dollars. (because Maxis literally dissolved into EA's corporate greed)".
Drag my avatar into your economic aircraft editor for free floating statistically effective pizzas!

This is how i feel about your article.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”