Test drive animation randomization

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Nuxx
Cell
Cell

Test drive animation randomization

Unread post by Nuxx »

[strike]I was searching around to see if anyone had made one, but I can't find it so I'm asking here.

I want some sort of in-game editor that allows you to make custom animations for your creatures for you to use in the test drive mode of the creature creator. Maybe it could be frame-by-frame or use spline curves (or both), but what I was thinking is you pose your creature on different frames and it would fill in the gaps. I don't know where you would access it, but you would probably have an editor for it along with the vanilla editors, or it could be a feature in the creature editor.[/strike]
edit: look down
Last edited by Nuxx on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxx
Cell
Cell

Re: Animation editor

Unread post by Nuxx »

Actually now that I think about it, that might be unfeasible. Maybe at the very least the animations in the test drive can be randomized, for example the "Scared" button only has the one where your creature looks around frantically and covers its eyes, but in the game they have multiple fear reactions, like just putting their hands up in surrender, so maybe it could randomly choose from that category of animations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”