"Imperial Mod" KEEPING ALIVE GOOD IDEAS

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.

Do you want this mod to be created?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes Plz
100%
NONONONO
No votes

Total votes: 7
Marduk
Creature
Creature

"Imperial Mod" KEEPING ALIVE GOOD IDEAS

Unread post by Marduk »

The "Imperial Mod" idea.

I'm not a modder, but i have some coding and scripting experience, but i dont know how difficult this can be so,

Basically the idea of the "Imperial Mod" is to make you feel more like you actually are an empire in the space stage. One thing that has always irritated me is the fact that no matter how big your empire gets, you're always limited to one space-ship. This mod will (if it is made) give an experience that would really make you feel more like your race actually is an empire.

PTI - Uber Turret Fleets

The idea of this is that you would have multiple limited-health space-ships defending your colonies. These ships would take on whatever model the ship you're currently using has, and would also take on its health. Basically they would be a fleet that defends your colonies (and homeworld if you place them there). They would be renamed to "Defense Ship" to reflect this change.

I think the code for taking on the model of your ship could be taken from the fact that the ships your empire sends along trade routes take on your ship's model. Not sure about how the health would work though. (Again, not a modder, it may be easy or it may be hard.)

PTII - We Await your Orders

This part focuses around the fact that you cannot get your empire to do anything other than give you missions and sell you things at the worst price. What this would do is change the diplomacy button on your own planets to "Commands". The Commands screen would have multiple options.

1. Attacks
--This command would allow your planet to send fleets against neighboring worlds. I think that it might be easy enough, just borrow the code from the existing function that you do with your allies, just make it available on your own planets. It would also have its own message, something like this;

"[Insert rank here], we are ready to strike against any target you choose within our range."
*choose target*
"Our fleets require additional supplies if we are to attack that target. We will need [insert amount of money] from the Imperial Treasury if we are to make a successful attack."

Note: each planet can only send one attack at once. It will be unable to send additional attacks until conflict on the target planet has subsided.

2. Role Switching [Spice/Sporebucks]
--In this option you can choose whether your planet will produce spice or sporebucks. A spice-producing planet will crank out spice that you can sell to other empires. In the new mode, "sporebucks" your planet will make money depending on what spice is on the planet. The amount of money made by the planet will always be the minimum price for the spice that would normally be produced on the planet. A planet can hold up to 2,000,000 sporebucks per colony, doubled by Storage (rename of Spice Storage).

3. Auto-Attack [Yes/No]
--This option will require the planet to be switched to "Sporebucks" mode. The planet will automatically attack any enemy planets within its range using the sporebucks that it produces on-planet. If this option is turned on, and an enemy planet is within the colony's range, it will automatically deploy a fleet against the enemy planet as soon as it reaches the required monetary amount.

PTIII - Trader's Passion

This will change the way trade routes work. Instead of having a set maximum of 3 trade routes, this part of the mod will change it so that every 3 star systems you have you get 1 possible trade route, with a minimum of 3 at all times. So for example, an empire with 9 star systems would have 3 possible trade routes (because it's still 9 systems, the minimum is separate from the possible), while an empire with 18 star systems will have a maximum of 6 trade routes. A maximum limit can be imposed if hardware limitations would apply at higher amounts.

KEEPING ALIVE GOOD IDEAS

Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: "Imperial Mod" KEEPING ALIVE GOOD IDEAS

Unread post by rob55rod »

Just removed that duplicate thread for you.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Marduk
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Marduk »

rob55rod wrote:Just removed that duplicate thread for you.
thx
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?
vivi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by vivi »

sounds very good, would be nice if you were more teilnemmen. Up to now only 2 voices, well, in the end, quite a lot will be added.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”