A few requests for DI and base Primal Stage.

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Despirien
Hatchling
Hatchling

A few requests for DI and base Primal Stage.

Unread post by Despirien »

For the Dark Injection mod I have run out of bone and creature Alphas. I was hoping there could be a timer setting for respawning bones around the more aggressive creatures nests. Also for the carnivores a respawning, "retaking" if you will, creatures so my Carnivore wont go hungry chasing down every last piece of DI.

For the base creature stage I was hoping there could be a sort of map mod. It pains me somewhat to retake my steps since the map provided is rather tiny. If there could be a way to bring up a sizeable map pertaining your trekking and galvanizing I'd be thankful. I do realize spore is kind of... Limited. So I do not wholly expect that either could be done.

A lot to bite for my first post but you have made 2 of my only used favorite mods and for that I thank you.

That cap and caption is amazing. Fits so well together. Apocalypse yes.

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Re: A few requests for DI and base Primal Stage.

Unread post by Snaid1 »

Despirien wrote:For the Dark Injection mod I have run out of bone and creature Alphas.
I had this same problem, but my way around it was to download the Graveyard mod (I think it was in the sporedum archives...). That mod adds TONS of large bones around every nest and I end up running out of parts before running out of bones, I just have to remember to eat while I do it since it takes awhile. If you can't find a link for the mod let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.
Also if it matters, I use the current version of Origin Spore. Graveyard still works for me even though it's an old mod.

EDIT: I went through the sporedum archives and couldn't find it, here is an upload if you are interested.
https://mega.nz/#!n0NSQYoI!uW3DNWjbuP9I ... ClLnvYI1c8
Despirien wrote:For the base creature stage I was hoping there could be a sort of map mod. It pains me somewhat to retake my steps since the map provided is rather tiny. If there could be a way to bring up a sizeable map pertaining your trekking and galvanizing I'd be thankful. I do realize spore is kind of... Limited. So I do not wholly expect that either could be done.
I agree that I don't know if this could be done, but with the new Spore ModAPI I would think it might be possible to do eventually, even if not now.
Despirien
Hatchling
Hatchling

I'll use the graveyard mod for now. Though eventually I do hope that a more lore friendly mod can come. For starters each time we "enhance" the creature years upon eons have gone by as if 1 second is a hundred thousand years time. I think it's be more realistic that there are new creatures arrive from the cesspool and taking old abandoned or fully inhabited nests and essentially the taking of nests would inter that more bones be generated. If it can be coded as every 4-5 "editions" are made then a new creature would take place, other epics, and your old nests taken over. It would add the whole sandbox dynamic with factual realism which would make the game far more immersive while staying potentially vanilla.

Also thank you again for the mod. It shall tide my obsession to grab any and everything there is. As a side note it'd be interesting for a "Darkspore"-ish terrain to be randomly on a planet during space stage to help validate the millennia gap between spore and darkspore.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

I do not even use all of the parts when running a DI creature game. I just take advantage of what parts I do find, since I usually design creatures that fit the vanilla complexity limits so I don't crash like heck.Image
Despirien
Hatchling
Hatchling

fungus3 wrote:I do not even use all of the parts when running a DI creature game. I just take advantage of what parts I do find, since I usually design creatures that fit the vanilla complexity limits so I don't crash like heck.Image
Well I like to complete things whether or not I'm going to use them. As well as wanting the ability to use the weapons from civil stage as deco. But there is a problem. I wish the bones could unlock all the categories items and not just creature stage things. The auras, little balls that enhance the stats like charge and sing, and the effects are not unlocked by bones. Is it a new thing or does DI get ignored with the extras that don't improve, but enhance your creature build?
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Despirien wrote:Well I like to complete things whether or not I'm going to use them. As well as wanting the ability to use the weapons from civil stage as deco. But there is a problem. I wish the bones could unlock all the categories items and not just creature stage things. The auras, little balls that enhance the stats like charge and sing, and the effects are not unlocked by bones. Is it a new thing or does DI get ignored with the extras that don't improve, but enhance your creature build?
ONLY the parts that are located in the vanilla part categories can be added. It will require extensive modding to allow other part categories to have unlockable parts in the Creature Stage,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”