No more stupid movements

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
eekskekdje
Cell
Cell

No more stupid movements

Unread post by eekskekdje »

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I have little to no idea on how to use SporeMaster or Sporemodder. So, what I request is a fix in the editor. Similar to the creature editor in the 2005 and 2006 betas, I don't want the creature to move around while I'm editing it. That means no shaking its head yes or no to the hands I give it, and no looking around. This might seem a bit odd but it's just something that has bugged me for a long time while playing the game. That and I like the beta footage.

Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

Re: No more stupid movements

Unread post by Spore_Player »

i actually like the sound of this idea

at first i read the title and thought you were talking about the weird animations that play sometimes, like legs clipping through each other and stuff (gets on my nerves so much tbh)

but this, i like it too

i'll admit i get annoyed when i'm trying to preview my creature, get a nice turntable view of it, and it keeps moving around

please, someone make this mod
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Dark Injection 9.r's Hero Editor background already does this :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
eekskekdje
Cell
Cell

Unread post by eekskekdje »

oh, cool, do you have a link?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

eekskekdje wrote:oh, cool, do you have a link?
http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... /DI9r.html
Yes.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection 9.r's Hero Editor background already does this :lol:
I didn't even know! Might dig inside the .package file to find out how it works, so that I can make no animations a standalone mod,

PS: Not meaning to brag or self advertise, but I am currently working on a Spore graphics enhancement mod, that uses the post-processing suite Reshade. Adds lots of things ranging from Vignette, Extra contrast, HDR, FXAA, to even a basic lens flare and Volumetric Light/"Godrays". I imagine DI 9.R will look far sexier when the new version of my mod is released.

Might even try messing around with the specular/normal maps of the game, or replace old textures with new ones completely.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection 9.r's Hero Editor background already does this :lol:
I didn't even know! Might dig inside the .package file to find out how it works, so that I can make no animations a standalone mod,
Yes, definitely do so. (Funny thing is, I literally just copypasta'd a folder from one of Darkspore's packages and it worked flawlessly :lol:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:PS: Not meaning to brag or self advertise, but I am currently working on a Spore graphics enhancement mod, that uses the post-processing suite Reshade. Adds lots of things ranging from Vignette, Extra contrast, HDR, FXAA, to even a basic lens flare and Volumetric Light/"Godrays". I imagine DI 9.R will look far sexier when the new version of my mod is released.
If DI 9.r did end up looking decent with your mod, that would be the first lighting project to do it justice. Most end up just making it look too dark, and they also tend to suck the life out of the UI :/
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Might even try messing around with the specular/normal maps of the game, or replace old textures with new ones completely.
Yes, do that. Might want to play with the lighting configs too. After all, that's how I did this:

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
Yes, definitely do so. (Funny thing is, I literally just copypasta'd a folder from one of Darkspore's packages and it worked flawlessly :lol:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:PS: Not meaning to brag or self advertise, but I am currently working on a Spore graphics enhancement mod, that uses the post-processing suite Reshade. Adds lots of things ranging from Vignette, Extra contrast, HDR, FXAA, to even a basic lens flare and Volumetric Light/"Godrays". I imagine DI 9.R will look far sexier when the new version of my mod is released.
If DI 9.r did end up looking decent with your mod, that would be the first lighting project to do it justice. Most end up just making it look too dark, and they also tend to suck the life out of the UI :/
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Might even try messing around with the specular/normal maps of the game, or replace old textures with new ones completely.
Yes, do that. Might want to play with the lighting configs too. After all, that's how I did this:
I'm actually in the process of working on a new version of my lighting mod.

It's not a .package file though. It's a .ini file that is meant to be read and used by the post-processing suite Reshade 3.0. Decided to dig around in lighting_properties~, found planet.prop.xml.
Decided to try to decrease the eyeraping bloop on bright terrain. And decided to lower the intensity of the sun, so that it can work well with the lens
flare and Volumetric Light/"God Rays" in my shader.

Another strange thing I noticed. For some reason, the depth buffer in the editors render, but in other places, the depth buffer fails to work. If It works, we could potentially have Ambient Occlusion, depth of field, fog, and many other cool things!
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”