Archetype Voice Parts?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
ChitinBirds
Cell
Cell

Archetype Voice Parts?

Unread post by ChitinBirds »

So, a few days ago I decided to travel around in the space stage and listen to various archetypes' voices. I then thought how useful these voices would be for adventures.

Is it possible to apply the archetype voices to creature parts, like how Dark Injection does it? If so, would it even be observable in adventures?

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Archetype Voice Parts?

Unread post by Shattered »

Yeah! I like this idea.
I would really like to have the Zealot voice on my captain.
Thanks for killing me
ChitinBirds
Cell
Cell

The more I think about this idea, the more plausible it seems. Theoretically it would work like how beaks and insectoid mouths change their voices in the Tribal stage or in adventures. The creature voices for these voice parts would be silent while in adventures they would use their respective archetype voice resources (I imagine these parts wouldn't be useful outside of adventures, as all voices are overridden from the Civ stage onward and that there likely aren't enough voice resources to be usable in the Tribal stage). The only hurdle I see is going about creating a new voice type for each voice part.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

you could try looking at the VocalSwap mod for Ideas of how to implement this. VocalSwap added little nub parts with all the voices for the creature stage so your creature could sound like you want. It got absorbed into Dark injection but if you want, the conversation for it is here: viewtopic.php?t=2609
I imagine it should be possible to do the same with archtype voices as Camben did with that one (though I have no experience modding voices so I don't know how hard it will be)
ChitinBirds
Cell
Cell

I would do this myself if Spore's modding scene was anything like the Sims 3's, since I have more experience with the latter. Maybe when Sporemodder is released it'll make this endeavor easier.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”