Mod to remove maxis Creatures ONLY?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Mod to remove maxis Creatures ONLY?

Unread post by Shattered »

I know there is a way to remove all maxis creations, but I only want to remove Maxis Creatures. I like the premade buildings, spaceships and stuff.
I just think that I could make my own world without stuff that Maxis made. of course I would keep the grox in order to keep the game working.

If this is possible to only get rid of the base creatures please let me know.

Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Mod to remove maxis Creatures ONLY?

Unread post by rob55rod »

GalacticSheldon wrote:I know there is a way to remove all maxis creations, but I only want to remove Maxis Creatures. I like the premade buildings, spaceships and stuff.
I just think that I could make my own world without stuff that Maxis made. of course I would keep the grox in order to keep the game working.

If this is possible to only get rid of the base creatures please let me know.
Do the thing to remove everything, then re-add the PNGs for all the non-creatures. Do this via your "My Spore Creations" folder, so as to avoid launching the game without any Maxis plants and Cells.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

I figured out a way! and replaced the grox with a cool new species at the same time.
I used sporemaster.
I unpacked Spore_Content.package and went into the #40626200 folder and deleted EVERYTHING. no more maxis creatures, including the grox I believe, so I had to find a good creature to replace it. which I know how to do thanks to this site.

Well, I haven't tested it out yet but my theory is that every creature will go away.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:I figured out a way! and replaced the grox with a cool new species at the same time.
I used sporemaster.
I unpacked Spore_Content.package and went into the #40626200 folder and deleted EVERYTHING. no more maxis creatures, including the grox I believe, so I had to find a good creature to replace it. which I know how to do thanks to this site.

Well, I haven't tested it out yet but my theory is that every creature will go away.
You made a backup before doing this...right? RIGHT??? (Also this won't affect the stuff added by GA)

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

yus. I did.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:yus. I did.
Good.

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Had to put the backup back in, because the modded one made spore unable to start.
The process would go for a few seconds then close itself.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:Had to put the backup back in, because the modded one made spore unable to start.
The process would go for a few seconds then close itself.
._.

Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

Aaaaaaaalright. That was too fast for me as modding novice (have still no master to teach me the power). I need instructions how to remove all these Maxis creations. Is there even a way, to replace each Maxis creation with one of my own ones? That would be the dream of all dreams!

And I need to know, why replacing the Grox with another species causes the game to crash. Does the game crash, if the replacing species has more complexity than the Grox? Or a different size? Or what is the reason?

And yes, I will make a backup, too. 8-)
Last edited by Sven.Littkowski on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Sven.Littkowski wrote:Aaaaaaaalright. That was too fast for me as modding novice (have still no master to teach me the power). I need instructions how to remove all these Maxis creations. Is there even a way, to replace each Maxis creation with one of my own ones? That would be the dream of all dreams!

And I need to know, why replacing the Grox with another species causes the game to crash. Does the game crash, if the replacing species has more complexity than the Grox? Or a different size? Or what is the reason?

And yes, I will make a backup, too. 8-)

But there is also a problem: I downloaded and installed SporeMaster 2beta, but cannot find Spore_Game.package and Text.package inside my GA/Data folder. I believe, I have to select other package files instead, right? Which ones? Or do I have to open those that I find within the Data folder of the regular, older Spore folder (not GA)? Is GA still using files in the regular Spore folder, too?
The files that SporeMaster selects the first time (Spore_Game, Spore_Graphics and Text) are located in the core Spore data folder (well, Text is inside the folder Locale\your-language).
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

Saw it now. Thanks. I am going to open an own thread, because for my very first modding attempt I will require some helping hand. Probably not a difficult thing I want to do. But some tips would be nice. Here is the URL: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5569
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
iherdyoulikespore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by iherdyoulikespore »

this would probably crash the game if you went into creature stage as the game rushes to try to re-balance the creatures so they aren't ultra weak or godlike even though there aren't any creatures to fill that gap.

You know themes? Those things you can pick when starting a planet that take creations from a certain set of things and populates your world with mostly them? You know how Maxis creatures still appear? That's because the theme doesn't have enough varied creatures to fill those gaps, and so it says "Hey, there's not enough of that, time to fill your game with Maxis creatures instead even those it's just one loose screw!". If you removed all the creatures, and left pretty much only the hordes of early creature stage/end game godlike cell stage eyes 5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5 stat creatures, the game would struggle to figure out what was between them. No, knowing Spore, it would probably just blow up in your face.
Drag my avatar into your economic aircraft editor for free floating statistically effective pizzas!

This is how i feel about your article.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”