Advanced Paint Mods

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
rattle2kool4ya
Cell
Cell

Advanced Paint Mods

Unread post by rattle2kool4ya »

So I know texture and paints on anything can be invisible in probably all the editors ... I love how dark injection adds a little more paint options to creatures but I am thinking of a mod that is compatible with dark injection that adds a "transparency" slider below the color pallete of the painting a creature ... you can slide this transparency slider to see how transparent, translucent, or opague your creature will be ... zero will be default which is opague ... probably 256 or some number is max and the creature is completely invisible ... in between numbers on the slider is like translucent or semi-clear like and will probably look like if an opague creature does sneak ability except it doesn't
maybe another add-on will be a "glow-in-the-dark" slider below the transparency slider that indicates how much a creature will glow in the dark

rattle2kool4ya
Cell
Cell

Re: Advanced Paint Mods

is it possible to create a mod similar or like this?
Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

I don't think you can make creatures glow in the dark. but I bet you can use the cell paints on creatures to make them translucent!
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
rattle2kool4ya
Cell
Cell

maybe use the lighting settings of a creature for glowing in the dark on a creature?
rattle2kool4ya
Cell
Cell

I was thinking about seeing how a creature changes a little translucent once you put the sneak ability on in creature stage ... and turn that change into a color slider in creature paint
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

None of this is possible. I'm sorry. We can't even add regular custom skinpaints, so...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”