Spore Civ stage Creature vehicles

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Spore Civ stage Creature vehicles

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

I saw this in a glitch once, and was wondering if the glitch could be turned into a mod.

Basically some vehicles were creatures in the glitch. and I was wondering if someone could make a mod that allows you to choose creatures for vehicles instead of vehicles.

So you have the option to make a car into a creature or not. same would go for boats and planes. because hey! I saw this glitch happen to all of the vehicle types!

Here's a video of the glitch I want as a mod.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ZMdi5NRIY[/youtube]

A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore Civ stage Creature vehicles

Unread post by rob55rod »

Actually, I'm pretty sure this can be done! I'm not sure how, but I think I know just the thing to try. I'll try to get it working sometime soon...

...if it doesn't work, I'll ask Camßεn, I'm pretty sure he knows.

Translation: Odds of this happening: 97% !

Yay, an idea that isn't impossible for once :3
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Yea I got this to happen by complete accident in space stage using genetic modifier, turned my spaceship into the creature but facing backwards...

I tried to recreate it using mods but they didnt seem to take effect, so I tried hacking instead, it seems to be very tricky in getting this to work because I couldn't even force the vehicle editor to save and apply the stuff from creature editor using hacks.

There should be a keyvalue somewhere that says what editor to load but when I tried it it didn't seem to take effect.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:Yea I got this to happen by complete accident in space stage using genetic modifier, turned my spaceship into the creature but facing backwards...

I tried to recreate it using mods but they didnt seem to take effect, so I tried hacking instead, it seems to be very tricky in getting this to work because I couldn't even force the vehicle editor to save and apply the stuff from creature editor using hacks.

There should be a keyvalue somewhere that says what editor to load but when I tried it it didn't seem to take effect.
Okay, then this request (probably) IS impossible...

...but not in the same sense as usual. Hardcoded garbage is hardcoded. Garbage-y hardcoding is garbage-y. Etc...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

One day I tried adding creatures the same way you can add vehicles. It worked when selecting creatures, but they didn't appear in the world, so it was useless.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”