All Team Fortress 2 Cosmetics and Weapons in spore?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

All Team Fortress 2 Cosmetics and Weapons in spore?

Unread post by Cutiecreator2000 »

:mrgreen: I had an idea about this mod for months. it would be super cool if spore creatures had tf2 hats for example :grox as soldier ect. i wish they would make this a mod, also they should add the gibs too! :idea: :D

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: All Team Fortress 2 Cosmetics and Weapons in spore?

Unread post by Vallachan »

Judging by how many miscs there are in tf2, it would probably take a year or two to import them all.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:Judging by how many miscs there are in tf2, it would probably take a year or two to import them all.
Agreed. I thought about this a while back, but it would take too much time or too many people to be plausible.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

While this is admittedly a very nice idea, from the amount of weapons and cosmetics alone, it would take longer than a year, as Cam and Rob have already stated. And not to mention, unless split, the .package file would be gargantuan! A lighter choice would be to simply add the hats from TF2, though that would still take a while to get done.
Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

:D I know it would take long but if we can start by making a part pack of pyro cosmetics that would be great :mrgreen:
Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

I would love to see this in spore
Attachments
Team sportress 2
Team sportress 2
download (4).jpg (7.9 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Cutiecreator2000 wrote:I would love to see this in spore
TEAM SPORTRESS 2...that's also the name of a series of TF2 skins I'm making for no apparent reason...

...COINCIDENCE!?!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

:mrgreen: If someone can put the Pyro's gass mask in spore, I WOULD LOVE IT :mrgreen: I WANT SOMEONE TO MAKE THIS A MOD!!!!!!!1 :mrgreen:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Cutiecreator2000 wrote::mrgreen: If someone can put the Pyro's gas mask in spore, I WOULD LOVE IT :mrgreen: I WANT SOMEONE TO MAKE THIS A MOD!!!!!!!1 :mrgreen:
Dark Injection...Tork's gas mask. it's almost identical.

Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

I know but if they had the ghastly gibbus and the russian rocketeer and dead cone it would be great!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/skins/136366
I think I'm doing it in reverse...

Cutiecreator2000
Cell
Cell

i would be great if someone can import some of the stock weapons from tf2 in to spore :mrgreen: :shock:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Cutiecreator2000 wrote:i would be great if someone can import some of the stock weapons from tf2 in to spore :mrgreen: :shock:
Wait...it was TF2 stuff in Spore? I THOUGHT IT WAS SPORE IN TF2!!! SO, I DID ALL THIS:
FOR NOTHING!?!?!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!
Don't worry, I'm kidding. I made these skins for a project I'm working on: Dark Sportress 2.

Oh, and by the way, the mod is not going to happen. We aren't miracle workers, so we can't import 400,000 models in 12 seconds. TF2 content in Spore would take years. Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

rob55rod wrote:
Cutiecreator2000 wrote:i would be great if someone can import some of the stock weapons from tf2 in to spore :mrgreen: :shock:
Wait...it was TF2 stuff in Spore? I THOUGHT IT WAS SPORE IN TF2!!! SO, I DID ALL THIS:
Don't worry, I'm kidding. I made these skins for a project I'm working on: Dark Sportress 2.

Oh, and by the way, the mod is not going to happen. We aren't miracle workers, so we can't import 400,000 models in 12 seconds. TF2 content in Spore would take years. Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!
As a quick note, I'm fairly sure that Cutie meant that the base 3 weapons for the 9 classes should be implemented. I'm not a major modder myself, but 27 weapons doesn't sound like particularly much. Of course, I may be wrong...

As for Dark Sporetress 2, it looks great so far! I'd actually like to see a few base game props added, such as the sword and blaster props in the Adventure Editor.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

As a quick note, I'm fairly sure that Cutie meant that the base 3 weapons for the 9 classes should be implemented. I'm not a major modder myself, but 27 weapons doesn't sound like particularly much. Of course, I may be wrong...

As for Dark Sporetress 2, it looks great so far! I'd actually like to see a few base game props added, such as the sword and blaster props in the Adventure Editor.
Well, 27 models isn't that much. I guess...wait...if porting Portal stuff into Spore is illegal, then in theory, the same would go for TF2 stuff. Dammit, this mod request is illegal.

Regarding Dark Sportress 2, under normal circumstances, I'd be all 'THAT ISN'T FROM DARKSPORE SO NO', but those models are in fact present in Darkspore's files, so I'll see what I can do. Oh, and Dark Sportress 2 isn't illegal because Spore and Darkspore are both abandonware.

Cutiecreator2000, I'm so sorry I hijacked your thread. I'm gonna make my own now.

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

rob55rod wrote:

gimmie dad mod! :D
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”