New Sporemaster Model Type?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

New Sporemaster Model Type?

Unread post by Vallachan »

So I know a few people might be working on a new modding tool, so if any of you people see this, PLEASE make models pack into spore properly. It is just plain annoying to not be able to preview hardly any default models in spore, not be able to animate them, and not be able to assign a texture that the model itself uses instead of just the part. This, to me, might actually make creating newly meshed parts more worthwhile to me.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: New Sporemaster Model Type?

Unread post by emd »

I'm really working on it. The progress bar I have on my signature it's about that, controlling models. I think it's possible to do, hard, but possible.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:I'm really working on it. The progress bar I have on my signature it's about that, controlling models. I think it's possible to do, hard, but possible.
Oh, wow! Clever. Now all it needs is a label. So, SporeMaster 2.0 is 0% and your goal is 100%? Or is no custom models or model viewing at all 0%?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

SporeMaster is more or les at 60%. But SporeMaster has finished there, and I'm still working on this, so,.....
My goal is 100%, of course xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:SporeMaster is more or les at 60%. But SporeMaster has finished there, and I'm still working on this, so,.....
My goal is 100%, of course xD
My prediction was correct, it seems. You're NOT building your program off of SporeMaster. That's probably for the better, long-term.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Okay, I made an important progress. I present you the cr_egg_03_base model:

So now I can unpack the textures of most of the models and also convert most of the models that crashed with an "VA100 Unsupported vertex size" error.
It's something, I suppose xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Okay, I made an important progress. I present you the cr_egg_03_base model:

So now I can unpack the textures of most of the models and also convert most of the models that crashed with an "VA100 Unsupported vertex size" error.
It's something, I suppose xD
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROGRESS!!!!!!!! Yay.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Well done, that will be great.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i do not understand any of this...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Davo wrote:i do not understand any of this...
I shall paraphrase.

Sporemaster doesn't seem to allow animations or baked on textures for custom meshes in spore, and I'd like someone to attempt to fix this. I hav no clue what rob55rod was talking about at all with the percentages, but Emd managed to get some of the models that you find all the time in spore files that show up as "conversion_error.txt" and a .raw file inside a .rw4 file of a model, and use some program that he made/modified to convert it into a working model type with a baked on texture.

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

If animated models means that animated creature parts (moving mouths, graspers, ect.) are possible, than this will be a HUGE editor breakthrough if it succeeds.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Peenut2k7 wrote:If animated models means that animated creature parts (moving mouths, graspers, ect.) are possible, than this will be a HUGE editor breakthrough if it succeeds.
you would think so, but i really do not see people contributing to the already existing mods managing to bring new models in. also, thanks cam.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I personally have been somewhat discouraged from modding in new meshes because of the lack of animations and in-editor baked on textures, but maybe I'd actually put in some epic stuff if anyone got it working. Besides, then modding other types of assets, such as city objects, adventure props, tribe objects, editor backgrounds, city walls, etc might be more plausible, because they require baked on textures.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Peenut2k7, this doesn't extract animations.... yet.
The percentatges thing it's because I said that the progress bar that is on my signature reflexes how controlled I have the .rw4 format.
And yeah, people doesn't tend to use custom part mods because they aren't animated and they can't be deformed. They're static parts, and that's not cool for a game it's based on customization.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Peenut2k7, this doesn't extract animations.... yet.
The percentatges thing it's because I said that the progress bar that is on my signature reflexes how controlled I have the .rw4 format.
And yeah, people doesn't tend to use custom part mods because they aren't animated and they can't be deformed. They're static parts, and that's not cool for a game it's based on customization.
Eh, that sucks. But I'm still happy that the community's finding new grounds mod-wise.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Coming soon:
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Image
That's my new favorite GIF.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Thaaaats what I'm talking about!

Wigazo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wigazo »

Buen trabajo Emd. :D

PD: Te copiaste de mis gifs. ¬¬ xD
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »