Parts of a mod / small mods

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
JonatanRaven
Hatchling
Hatchling

Parts of a mod / small mods

Unread post by JonatanRaven »

Ok, I'm pretty new to this modding of spore and such, I've done some modding in the past, mainly on the good old game Freelancer (lovely game that one). I played mostly in the great mod called Discovery and loved it.

Basically, I think that I probably will start modding on spore further down the road but for now I'm content with just playing the game and getting to know it.

What I'm looking for right now are small mods that enhance the basic gameplay without changing it too much. I'm looking at Platinum Spore and it has a lot of the nice things I'd love to get but it also has a lot of things I don't want at all.

For example some things I want (taken from the Platinum Spore thread):

* Cell Stage 3d editor
* Slower hunger bar for both creature and tribal stages
* longer creature stage
* glide lvl5 bug (not sure if it's a bug from previous versions of the mod or something that applies to the basic game sa well, if it's a bug in the mod, then no)
* Motive tweaks
* more tool shed spots in tribal stage
* halved raid/ecodisaster frequency
* increased spice storage on colonies
* longer timelimit on ecodisasters

So basically, what I'm asking is, are there separate mods for these changes or at least for some of them?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Parts of a mod / small mods

Unread post by Davo »

the 3d cell editor was created by me. so you can find more help with that. i also have a better glide mod, and its buggy, and sometimes you can glide to the moon and back, but to spread your wings and fly freely is worth it to me. i have youtube videos of most of my work, goto...

http://www.youtube.com/davoplayer

the cell and creature stages were my favorite. i didnt really try to mod anything after them at all. i found so much more potential in the c&c stages, as well as the editors. the flora editor was fun to play with, but there is only so much you can do. i suggest you mod a game more supported by the developers if you are new to modding. i pushed my game to its limits to discover what i found. its worth it.

visit my download center above.
my spore mods exist there. try to read the tutorials first if you need help.
Oneman-Onegun
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Oneman-Onegun »

I wouldn't use yourself for a profile image.
Hmm...
I feel like killing you...
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

why? thats what i did. i personally would rather see a person, it just makes me feel better that some one would devot time to it. it comes with a sense of trust.

people just dont believe that i am composed of pixels and codes
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

ikr? I get that all the time.
"Hey, why don't you ever post your REAL face?"
"Here"
"LOL U FUNNEH"
"Of course I am."
Oneman-Onegun