Allies attacking each other fix

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
immortalfrieza
Hatchling
Hatchling

Allies attacking each other fix

Unread post by immortalfrieza »

I'd like to request modders fix an issue that at least to me never made sense, the fact that 2 empires that you are allied with would frequently go to war with each other. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the you, faced with such a situation, would piss off both empires regardless of what you do. It's pretty annoying having it happen every few minutes too.

If you heed the call and rush to one allies defense, the attacking allied empire would be mad that you were attacking their ships.
If you help the attacker to take over the defending ally's planet, the defender would be pissed that you were attacking their cities.
In both of the above cases you're probably going to end up going to war with whoever you attacked.
If you do nothing, the empire that called for your help would be pissed that you didn't help them, which is as it stands is the best option for the player as it results in least amount of lost favor.

It's a lose-lose regardless. There's no option to broker a peace between the two warring empires either.

What I want to have is a mod that either
A. Keeps allies from fighting each other.
B. Prevents the player from being penalized if they decide to stay out of it, or
C. Allows you to provide assistance to either the defender or the attacker without lowering your relationship.

Naturally, A would be the preferred option, but B or C would also help if A proves unfeasible.

Thank you for your time.
You can live with dignity, but you can't die with it.
Kumma
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Allies attacking each other fix

Unread post by Kumma »

it sounds like the Kobayashi Maru
the password to Club Portal is 'adfly'
DBM
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DBM »

One thing that I do in that situation is actually go down to the planet, but just sit there and let the empire fight them off themselves. Granted, I do have Platinum Spore installed (which gives colonies stupid numbers of little ships to defend themselves with) but as long as the invading empire leaves/has its ships destroyed while you're on the planet, you still get counted as "helping."

I actually exploit it to get Bodyguard badges quickly.

As far as modding goes, though, I suppose the easiest fix would be to remove the "didn't help us" relationship modifier, or at least the triggers for it. I'm hardly and expert, though. :|
immortalfrieza
Hatchling
Hatchling

DBM wrote: One thing that I do in that situation is actually go down to the planet, but just sit there and let the empire fight them off themselves. Granted, I do have Platinum Spore installed (which gives colonies stupid numbers of little ships to defend themselves with) but as long as the invading empire leaves/has its ships destroyed while you're on the planet, you still get counted as "helping."

I actually exploit it to get Bodyguard badges quickly.
Thanks for directing me to that mod, that one fixes another issue I've been having, it doesn't make any sense to me that when I attack a planet ships will attack me relentlessly, but when one of my ally's or my colonies ships are attacked the only defense they seem to have is the turrets that are already there. It makes more sense if they fought back with their own ships instead of having me be a big damn hero all the time. (Damn! I need to stop reading TVtropes.)
DBM wrote: As far as modding goes, though, I suppose the easiest fix would be to remove the "didn't help us" relationship modifier, or at least the triggers for it. I'm hardly and expert, though. :|
Anything that would make this issue less annoying would help, but if A is possible I'd greatly prefer it, since it's pretty annoying having them constantly attacking each other and calling for your help all the time, but at least with the above you could just ignore it.
immortalfrieza
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can anyone PLEASE help with this issue? This is really ruining my enjoyment of the space stage, and I would really like to see it fixed.

Return to “Mod Ideas”