Planet Spawning

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Daniel_l94
Hatchling
Hatchling

Planet Spawning

Unread post by Daniel_l94 »

Is it possible to stop cube planets or ocean worlds from populating the galaxy, if not decrease the likelihood of them appearing?

maximWTFXD
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Planet Spawning

Unread post by maximWTFXD »

yeah i realy hate those cube planets they are quite stupid and unrealistic
dont use cheats the game will become boring
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Tokoshoran »

I believe that cube planets were supposed to be a rare formation, which is realistic: It's definitely possible for a planet to be formed with a mountain range that runs around it like that, just very, very unlikely. I'll look around the spore files a bit more, but that might be in the encrypted files.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

The cube planets aren't really cubes only the mountains just use sea make tool or something to make it a sea and it's round again!!!
About the sea planets they are realistic, like the new discovered planet kepler-22b is a real planet and likely to a sea planet :)
Daniel_l94
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Daniel_l94 »

Honestly, using terra sculpting tools to fix a planet is not a solution. Either way, cube planets aren't rare enough and kind of ruins the space stage. It must at least be possible to swap the planet scripts of cube planets for, lets say a crater world (they aren't as common in spore as one would expect in real life). So whenever a world is designated to spawn as a cube planet, the swapped scrips generate a better looking planet. Does anyone think this is possible?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”