Reverse Engineered Interstellar Drive

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Reverse Engineered Interstellar Drive

Unread post by Tokoshoran »

As you play the game, your homeworld says that they'll do some research in reverse engineering the interstellar drive, but you only ever get yourself and your fleet's ships, whereas the computer gets flagships with squadrons when there's a war or raid.

I would like it if you could fund the research and unlock NPC-home empire fleets to show up on warring worlds, or even an NPC flagship identical to yours that will randomly show up at disasters (Sometimes already solving one when you arrive at the planet). To clarify, the flagship is the ship that has the top HP, ie 1500, 2000, etc, and the small ones with a tenth of the health would be the squadron ships.

Early research only unlocks squadrons, which could be purchased as an automated weapon. The cap for your squadron size would be upgraded via a seperate purchase, but you start with a few simple spaces (three?) which release themselves when you're being attacked, and return when the combat is over.If a squad ship gets blown up, you have to buy a replacement.

As research into the engines advances, maybe even just at the second stage, your empire will have its own ships flying around. Trade routes would still work as the alien empire sending all the ships before this, so there's no need to touch that. This is when they start to show up at other planets to help you.

Further funding increases the production of ships, increasing the likelihood of seeing other ships from your empire out in space. In addition to helping you with your missions, they could possibly do some of their own, causing random increases or decreases in relationships with other empires (Your empire refused missions, your empire completed missions...) but to a lesser extent than what you personally cause, outside of 'your empire's trading,' since trading already slowly affects the relations.

As your empire gets more and more pilots out in space, there would also be an increased likelihood of them requesting your help in a similar fashion as planetary ecodisasters, pirate/grox raids, or warring planets. When arriving at the location, the map will show the allied flagship, potentially with some squadron ships, and several pirate or enemy faction ships. Helping them out would count towards the bodyguard badges. As with the other automatically generated missions, there's a chance of other allies answering the distress call too.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Reverse Engineered Interstellar Drive

Unread post by grandrice »

I WANT THIS SO MUCH... I also wanted to play like a computer plays. And I always wondered why you have to destroy entire planets wit only a few ships.
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
maximWTFXD
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Reverse Engineered Interstellar Drive

Unread post by maximWTFXD »

grandrice wrote:I WANT THIS SO MUCH... I also wanted to play like a computer plays. And I always wondered why you have to destroy entire planets wit only a few ships.
right
dont use cheats the game will become boring

Return to “Mod Ideas”