Icky Skin textures

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
CytricAcid
Cell
Cell

Icky Skin textures

Unread post by CytricAcid »

am i the only one annoyed by the skin overlays on the core spore and creepy and cute parts? it really throws off the color balance and it makes otherwise beautiful creatures look icky because of the off coloring. I can assume it's possible to remove it, considering Davo managed to make the bots parts colorable!

on top of that, though i assume it would be much harder, is to allow the darkspore parts to be colored by the base and coat colors instead of just by the details color. As an artist, i can contribute to this too, but i'm on a 64 bit computer and i can't use Sporemaster to decompile or edit any of the textures.
If anyone is up to doing this, i'd love to help in any way I can. I don't care if it takes a long time, as long as it's possible I'll work hard on helping whoever knows more about spore modding than i do. :P
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Icky Skin textures

Unread post by Davo »

i have tried to do everything i could.
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

As far as I know, there are only three options for the darkspore parts textures. Either they:

1. Have no texture at all, and just take the color of whatever pattern happens to be in that area of the creature, (the first few dark injection mods used this.)
2. The part takes a mixture of the coat and details colors (the later versions of the mod use this)
3. You import an unchanging texture file for each individual part. Which unless it's a solid color, probably won't look very good.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

or you could try your hand at UV mapping, texmod texture export, or spore patch 5 export to get a texture, then change it to have good textures, which would be very difficult, have a high chance of failing, and would take more time than a new texture would be worth, especially considering davo already has such good textures for them.

really, i think if you need something to be done, you should ask how to do it so you can do it, instead of requesting.

the 64 bit will make it different, yes. as with everyone else w/ some type of incompatibility. but really, i just see some people just sitting around whining about wanting mods, when they are completely capable of making one themselves (in case I offended anyone here who thought was talking about them, I was mostly talking about the people I see on spore.com, and sometimes the official online sporepedia. so don't take it personally.)

I started off completely the way I described, just begging for parts and mods. when I was about 9. It really doesn't take that much learning to figure out how to unpack a mod, (w/ permission obviously) remove the stuff you don't need, use the basic idea while implementing your own, and just pack it into a new ability/part/modded whatever for personal use.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
CytricAcid
Cell
Cell

Unread post by CytricAcid »

Ah, i see. I actually managed to get sporemaster to work now (it crashed last time i tried to use it for some reason and i read somewhere it wouldn't work on windows 7 or something) so i can do it myself I guess! Should I make a new topic in the mod help forum?

I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to UV mapping and textures. Even if I had to redo the textures, I'd do it anyways, hehehe. I just have no idea where to look or where to start, considering the spore modding community has massively shrunk down since the beginnings. I did mod spore a long time ago, but it was on an old computer that has since been pretty much failed.
I also appologize if i made it seem like you didn't try your best, Davo. It takes a /lot/ to do this dark injection stuff and you have done an amazing job at it. You are doing great, i'm just a weirdo artist person. LOL
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

try search through the old topics on sporebase, that place used to be really good. you could also search a sporemaster tutorial to learn about the parts, and then find another tutorial on youtube to explain everything in more depth.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Return to “Mod Ideas”