Cake Editor!!!

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Cake Editor!!!

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

I now that there is a cake editor, and that you can make things for ingame with this editor.
But how do you open it?????
Can somewane make a mod to open it :)

p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Cake Editor!!!

Unread post by p.d »

People have tried in the past. But there really hasn't been much success. My guess is that there's an important piece of data missing that never made it into the final game.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

I know I'm a little late, but I have great news!
That's it - the cake editor!!

Admittedly I had to mess with some stuff a bit in order to get the background and palette working, but that's pretty much how it was meant to be...er, what's left of how it was meant to be...

...and no, that isn't a custom background.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Wait, are you serious? That's not a custom background?

Cause if it seriously is not, that's pretty hilarious XD
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Wait, are you serious? That's not a custom background?

Cause if it seriously is not, that's pretty hilarious XD
It isn't, I can even give you the mod (so far), to prove it in 2 ways:
a) Take a look at the files, you'll see. The editor_setup~ file (cake.prop.xml) referenced the background, but it referenced the model directly. That doesn't work, it needs to reference a prop.xml in part_models~ that references the model. I added such a prop.xml, and it worked!
b) If it were a custom background, Emd would have forbidden me to distribute it, so...

I'm not accusing you of not trusting me or anything, I just wanted to explain both ways, for the heck of it :lol:

EDIT: And yes, this is something along the lines of Branching Evolution, and there is a 3rd component for the hut editor. SRNS is gonna be great for all kinds of creativity, from biological, to mechanical, even culinary!

There are 3 such mods.

A triangle has 3 sides.
Spoiler
SPORE 2 CONFIRMED
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0ca3vb2M0[/youtube]
ImageImage

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

rob55rod wrote:I know I'm a little late, but I have great news!

Admittedly I had to mess with some stuff a bit in order to get the background and palette working, but that's pretty much how it was meant to be...er, what's left of how it was meant to be...

Could you make a video of the cake editor? I want to see what can be built with it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UndeadGaming606 wrote:

Could you make a video of the cake editor? I want to see what can be built with it.
There isn't much, there are 2 parts and 2 skinpaints, all of which are visible in the screenshot. The second part is just a beak from the creature editor, though the filename I had to copy it to was ce_mouth_beak_herbivore_04_dan, so IDK what it was supposed to be...

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

rob55rod wrote:
UndeadGaming606 wrote:

There isn't much, there are 2 parts and 2 skinpaints, all of which are visible in the screenshot. The second part is just a beak from the creature editor, though the filename I had to copy it to was ce_mouth_beak_herbivore_04_dan, so IDK what it was supposed to be...
I just noticed something in the image. Near the bottom left is the scroll bar where you choose the "building type". The third building is the BuildingFarm. Seems like we were originally going to be able to build farms in Spore. Maybe there could be leftover coding for the farm? :o
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UndeadGaming606 wrote:-snip-
Yeah, I've known about that for a long time. Anyone think harvesters and farms might be connected? AFAIK most of the code is there, but I don't see any means by which to implement it ;^;

eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

rob55rod wrote:
Yeah, I've known about that for a long time. Anyone think harvesters and farms might be connected? AFAIK most of the code is there, but I don't see any means by which to implement it ;^;
I can see harvesters being connected to farms, but I for some reason imagine them more as being related to spice harvesting.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I can see harvesters being connected to farms, but I for some reason imagine them more as being related to spice harvesting.
Here's my take on the concept...

Create a Harvester vehicle. > Build a Farm. > Claim a Spice Geyser. > Farm builds up Spice. > Build a Factory. > Money!
VerySpore
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by VerySpore »

How did you get there?

Yes I know about the -state: thing, but what did you put after it? Like where you would put FloraEditor,Or Cell editor,Or even PlannerThumnailGen?

cake should be spelled kaeiek
We will never get to play as Steve in spore

:(
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VerySpore wrote:

How did you get there?

Yes I know about the -state: thing, but what did you put after it? Like where you would put FloraEditor,Or Cell editor,Or even PlannerThumnailGen?
I had to create the state, if my memory serves me.

VerySpore
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
VerySpore wrote:

How did you get there?

I ment what you put after the -state: part.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VerySpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
VerySpore wrote:
How did you get there?

Yes, I know. There is nothing you can put there by default. I had to create a new state myself in order to access the editor. (Not to mention the screenshot shown was of a modified and slightly repaired version of the editor)

GrizzlyCreature
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GrizzlyCreature »

Why in the world is there a Cake Editor?
Image "It doesn't matter if you are plasma based or an amoeba. One thing you do makes everything more fragile. That's why my species is lucky."
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GrizzlyCreature wrote:Why in the world is there a Cake Editor?
Idk...possibly a developer in-joke of some sort?

VerySpore
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
VerySpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote: I had to create the state, if my memory serves me.
Yes, I know. There is nothing you can put there by default. I had to create a new state myself in order to access the editor. (Not to mention the screenshot shown was of a modified and slightly repaired version of the editor)

Oh.

I'm gonna try and find it myself I guess.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VerySpore wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
VerySpore wrote: I ment what you put after the -state: part.

Oh.

I'm gonna try and find it myself I guess.
You need to add it here:

Code: Select all

rootfolder~!SporeAppStates.trigger

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”