Make your own parts and homeplanet mod

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Make your own parts and homeplanet mod

Unread post by grandrice »

not sure if its possible , or possible well still being legal, but if it is possible AND legal, please make something that allows you to make your own parts, and you can choose the abilities, (and maybe make your own abilities) and a share button if you want other people WITH THE MOD to be able to use them.

EDIT: should probably put this on different post, but whatever: how about magic abilities and magic parts)

EDIT ONCE AGAIN: this should definitively be on another post, but im to lazy to add another post: can you make a mod to allow your home planet to be earth?

New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
Puzzlemaster34
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Make your own parts and homeplanet mod

Unread post by Puzzlemaster34 »

grandrice wrote:EDIT ONCE AGAIN: this should definitively be on another post, but im to lazy to add another post: can you make a mod to allow your home planet to be earth?
That would kinda defeat the purpose of the Manifest Destiny achievement now wouldn't? ;) :?:
Signature is Loading....
Please wait as this may take some time....
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

1)it would probably be as legal as Sporemaster. As far as the program itself, Botifier and Davo are probably the only people with enough knowledge on making parts and abilities to have a chance of making it. it wouldn't be something in game, but it would be useful. I would totally make something like this if I knew enough. (it would probably work best as a program that made files to be included by sporemaster instead of trying to make it do the whole thing.)

while there isn't any magic abilities or parts, you can look at mods that add abilities in sporemaster and figure out how they work to make a magic ability. it would have to be in place of another ability that already exists (possibly labeled something like spit level 10 or something.) then make/mod parts to use this ability.

if you search the mod request section, I''m pretty sure someone was talking about modding your homeworld not to long ago. check there to see what the response was.
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

First of all, a part creator would have to be a second program, not in the game itself.
Second, the part creator would not encompass creating your own model for the part- you'd have to do that yourself.
HOWEVER, creating a program with an easy-to-use GUI that spits out the .xml file for the part? That's not so hard.
Davo? What do you think?
I kinda know what to do, but if I was given explicit instructions on what the .xml file contains, I could work on a program for it.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i think sporemaster generates the .xml when you pack the new .rw4(the actual model)

i have issues on completing this process.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”