Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Osteoprod »

Just switch to the version with the non-invisible parts, and unpack it with SporeMaster. Delete any folders of the following names:
Editor_Cameras~
And then repack the mod. It's okay if there's only one of them, because they're 2 separate names for the same folder. This will delete the modified cameras, and *should* re-center the editor view. If that doesn't work, try it again with these names:
editor_setup~
Let me know if that works!
k, didn't work, no observable effect at all.. your post confuses me though.. my problem isn't with the camera, its that the darkspore parts are invisible when i mouse over them and attach them to a creature. in the FAQ it says that if parts are invisible spore was installed in the wrong order, so i probably have to re-install everything which will be a nightmare with steam, but if there is an easier way, that would be nice too.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Osteoprod wrote:
Just switch to the version with the non-invisible parts, and unpack it with SporeMaster. Delete any folders of the following names:
Editor_Cameras~
And then repack the mod. It's okay if there's only one of them, because they're 2 separate names for the same folder. This will delete the modified cameras, and *should* re-center the editor view. If that doesn't work, try it again with these names:
editor_setup~
Let me know if that works!
k, didn't work, no observable effect at all.. your post confuses me though.. my problem isn't with the camera, its that the darkspore parts are invisible when i mouse over them and attach them to a creature. in the FAQ it says that if parts are invisible spore was installed in the wrong order, so i probably have to re-install everything which will be a nightmare with steam, but if there is an easier way, that would be nice too.
It seems I got confused as to who said what. Whoops! Those last few posts were hard for me to follow. Sorry. Now, on to the actual fix for your actual problem:

Hmm...do you have the "Arenas_RDX9" and "Arenas_Textures" packages? If not, that's your problem. If so, try putting them in the same folder as the Dark Injection package. If that doesn't work, show me a screenshot of the folder with the package files in it. Make sure the path is included. If it does work, yay! If nothing else works, I have on final plan. I'll save that for if it is needed.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

It seems I got confused as to who said what. Whoops! Those last few posts were hard for me to follow. Sorry. Now, on to the actual fix for your actual problem:

Hmm...do you have the "Arenas_RDX9" and "Arenas_Textures" packages? If not, that's your problem. If so, try putting them in the same folder as the Dark Injection package. If that doesn't work, show me a screenshot of the folder with the package files in it. Make sure the path is included. If it does work, yay! If nothing else works, I have on final plan. I'll save that for if it is needed.
Its all good man, happens to everyone :)
I have Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures both in DataEP1 with 2013_DI, still no luck. Heres a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GboG ... sp=sharing
Thanks for being so willing to help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Osteoprod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:It seems I got confused as to who said what. Whoops! Those last few posts were hard for me to follow. Sorry. Now, on to the actual fix for your actual problem:

Its all good man, happens to everyone :)
I have Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures both in DataEP1 with 2013_DI, still no luck. Heres a screenshot:
Thanks for being so willing to help!
Odd...

...only one thing left to try...

...here's that last resort plan I mentioned:

- Unpack all 3 packages using SporeMaster
- copy the contents of Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package into 2013_DI.package
- Repack 2013_DI.package
- Move Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package to somewhere else, like your desktop or Documents folder or something like that. Doesn't matter where, as long as it isn't a location the game reads files from and isn't your recycle bin.
Let me know if that works. If not, you have the weirdest luck I've ever seen.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

...here's that last resort plan I mentioned:

- copy the contents of Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package into 2013_DI.package
- Repack 2013_DI.package
- Move Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package to somewhere else, like your desktop or Documents folder or something like that. Doesn't matter where, as long as it isn't a location the game reads files from and isn't your recycle bin.
Hmm.. we've got a problem.. every time i try to unpack Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package it says "Error Unpacking Mod" and beneath that "System.IO.invalidDataException: dont know how to handle this index data at gibbed.spore.package.database...." and so on and so forth. heres a screenshot if it helps...
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I found out something incredibly interesting today. You know the spore creature creator trial, that beta version of spore with only the creature editor and a limited set of parts? IT SUPPORTS DARK INJECTION!!! All the parts based on models that aren't in the game (cell parts, grox, other game models, etc.) can't be used, but dragging them out activates a beta error window which can be skipped by clicking "Ignore". Most of the parts are locked by default, but all the Darkspore parts and pretty much any of the parts on the later parts pages are available, and function as one might expect them too. They even work with the creature creators odd stats system!

P.S. If your curious, I was using the trial version because steam is a derp :P

EDIT: they even save without issue :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Osteoprod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...here's that last resort plan I mentioned:

- Repack 2013_DI.package
Hmm.. we've got a problem.. every time i try to unpack Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package it says "Error Unpacking Mod" and beneath that "System.IO.invalidDataException: dont know how to handle this index data at gibbed.spore.package.database...." and so on and so forth. heres a screenshot if it helps...
Try running SporeMaster as an administrator.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:I found out something incredibly interesting today. You know the spore creature creator trial, that beta version of spore with only the creature editor and a limited set of parts? IT SUPPORTS DARK INJECTION!!! All the parts based on models that aren't in the game (cell parts, grox, other game models, etc.) can't be used, but dragging them out activates a beta error window which can be skipped by clicking "Ignore". Most of the parts are locked by default, but all the Darkspore parts and pretty much any of the parts on the later parts pages are available, and function as one might expect them too. They even work with the creature creators odd stats system!

P.S. If your curious, I was using the trial version because steam is a derp :P

EDIT: they even save without issue :P
MAKE A VIDEO OF THAT. I NEED TO SEE THAT!!! Please use external software, Spore's onboard capturing function doesn't get the UI. And please show the error window. The saving thing is likely because because Dark Injection has the force save mod built in.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

rob55rod wrote:
Osteoprod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...here's that last resort plan I mentioned:

- Repack 2013_DI.package
Usually not running as an administrator would give a FileNotFound exception. Anyways, you can't copy Arenas' data with SporeMaster cause it doesn't unpack all the rw4s so it creates errors. You should use SpView to copy that data.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

So an ancient stripped beta version of spore supports force save better then steam? Wow, the steam version really is aweful :cry:

Anyway, some screenshots:

Custom parts at work

The error message that results when using parts with missing models (Whos' brian?)

Darkspore parts are unlocked by default (haven't tested them yet, I haven't download the "arenas" packages yet.

EDIT: It won't start with the Arenas packages, even if you put a Z in front to remove priority. bummer...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Osteoprod wrote:Hmm.. we've got a problem.. every time i try to unpack Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package it says "Error Unpacking Mod" and beneath that "System.IO.invalidDataException: dont know how to handle this index data at gibbed.spore.package.database...." and so on and so forth. heres a screenshot if it helps...
Usually not running as an administrator would give a FileNotFound exception. Anyways, you can't copy Arenas' data with SporeMaster cause it doesn't unpack all the rw4s so it creates errors. You should use SpView to copy that data.
What are you talking about? SporeMaster unpacks all of Darkspore's packages flawlessly (saide from rw4 model conversion) and without error for me.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:So an ancient stripped beta version of spore supports force save better then steam? Wow, the steam version really is aweful :cry:

Anyway, some screenshots:

Custom parts at work

The error message that results when using parts with missing models (Whos' brian?)

Darkspore parts are unlocked by default (haven't tested them yet, I haven't download the "arenas" packages yet.

EDIT: It won't start with the Arenas packages, even if you put a Z in front to remove priority. bummer...
Interesting. The Darkspore models don't show up in Core Spore or Galactic Adventures unless the game itself has been patched to...uh, whatever version CamBen is running. That might be relevant.

pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Tried some more things with the Creature Creator trial, rob55rods parts mod viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5011 (which he never tested on core spore :D), works as well. I tried bot parts, but that also prevented the game from booting (perhaps this is due to the fact that the exoskeleton limbs code isn't there). I plan to test C&C when I get to my usual gaming computer.

EDIT: Perhaps the posts regarding the Creature Creator trial should be moved to a new thread. they seem to be in the way here.
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

Okay, i tried running it in administrator mode, but i still get the same error... no idea what SpView but i can look it up..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Tried some more things with the Creature Creator trial, rob55rods parts mod viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5011 (which he never tested on core spore :D), works as well. I tried bot parts, but that also prevented the game from booting (perhaps this is due to the fact that the exoskeleton limbs code isn't there). I plan to test C&C when I get to my usual gaming computer.

EDIT: Perhaps the posts regarding the Creature Creator trial should be moved to a new thread. they seem to be in the way here.
Hmm...try adding these:
PatchData
EP1_PatchData
Might help with Dark Injection and/or Bot Parts.

pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I was thinking about doing something along those lines, but I didn't know where to start! Thanks! I'm testing them now!

Later...

It still didn't let the gamerun with botparts and a full DI install. It did, however, generate some interesting files before quiting, which are listed below (It made two files, but the site only let me upload the one...)

EDIT: I tried to do some error checking, removing mods, examining the file below, etc., and tried some more things. First off, this line:

[Instruction data]
0070f407 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

Downloaded the dll and put it next to the exe for creature creator, but that line keeps popping up...

And secondly, your package files seem to be causing the crashes. Should I try having one of them at a time?
Attachments
Exception Report KAINSFUNLAPTOP 12-04-14 18.29.43 exception.txt
Error files generated by a modded creature creator trial edition install
(12.82 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
joe9go
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by joe9go »

the download links dont work, what should i do?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

joe9go wrote:the download links dont work, what should i do?
The download links for what?

Theepiccell
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Theepiccell »

Wow guys... Really... For most of the mods to work properly, you need to fully install the game. install spore disk, install first and second patches, install creepy and cute . Install third and fourth patches, install Galactic adventures. .Install fifth and sixth and seventh patch. None of these steps is optional if you want a true full version copy of Spore The first 6 patches add and modify the patchdata.package. the fifth, sixth and seventh add and modify the Ep1_patchdata.package. Creepy and cute adds spore_BP1.package(creepy and cute parts) and the seventh patch adds spore_BP2.package (bot parts). Each patch modifies and/or adds something to the game files, skipping even one patch means your game is not fully updated and you'll have to start from scratch. This will give you a full version game (galactic adventures only updates to 1.03 not 1.05 like the core game), even so, there are some features which don't work right, such as bot parts, in that case, copy spore_BP2 from spore_BP2 folder to both core spore data folder and galactic adventures data folder BTW a full version game is what's required for most of the mods to work properly.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm pretty sure there is no 7th patch
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”