Sporemod API for Mac

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Kyumiterasu
Cell
Cell

Sporemod API for Mac

Unread post by Kyumiterasu »

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here, and I feel like this is important to share with you all.

For the past few days, rob55rod and I have been discussing the possibility of creating a .app version of Sporemod API. Currently, the program is only usable for Windows, as it is a .exe file. If you aren't familiar, MacOS can only run applications that are .app files, not .exe ones. It's kinda possible to make the API run through a program called Wine, but I cannot access any .sporemod files from it. It's really convoluted.

Rod and I did some research. It turns out that the Mac version of Spore is really just the Windows version running on a (approximately) 10-year-old version of Wine. It's really weird, so it'll be even more of a challenge to make an API that can run through that.

What I'm trying to convey here is that we're gonna need some technical help. I really want to get Dark Injections and other API mods onto my Macbook, and expand them to a greater amount of Spore users. If you have experience with MacOS, and would like to contribute, please reply. The more feedback, the better we can do to make a miracle happen.

Robpleasedon'tkillmeIjustwanttohelpIknowyouandthedevscandoitbecauseIdon'tknowhowtoprogram
Last edited by Kyumiterasu on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyumiterasu
Cell
Cell

Re: Sporemod API for Mac

Looking back on this, I'm concerned if this should belong in WIP or Mod Ideas... well, we did do research, so I guess it planning counts as a WIP.
arthrfrts
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by arthrfrts »

Hi! I want to help you with this. I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.
Kyumiterasu
Cell
Cell

arthrfrts wrote:Hi! I want to help you with this. I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.
Great! Can you discuss more on Discord?
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

arthrfrts wrote:I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.
Sporemodder FX will work on Mac if you have Java installed.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”