Spore Resurrection: Next Steps

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Gresh1234
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore Resurrection: Next Steps

Unread post by Gresh1234 »

I could lend a hand in 3D modeling :oops: . I'm not used to organic modeling, because props and weapons are my main field, but it's really worth a shot :) . I could also give morfos some insight into 3D modeling, as I can speak spanish too :P . I'd be really glad if zymoox could help with the the textures, too :roll: .

Free portfolio button: => http://www.moddb.com/members/gresh1234/images

Amateur 3D artist reporting for duty!

Maybe 2D artist too...
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

We'd be glad to receive your help, those models look really cool! Don't worry for organic modelling, because we also need props and, maybe in a future, weapons. In fact, we actually have lots of creature concept parts, but almost no concepts nor models for building parts and props.

(por cierto, yo también soy español, sabías que hay un foro de Spore en español? :D)
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Gresh1234
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Gresh1234 »

I could also help with vehicle and building part concepts, because I'm kinda decent at technical drawing and stuff.
(por cierto, yo también soy español, sabías que hay un foro de Spore en español? :D)
Nunca lo pensé :o
Amateur 3D artist reporting for duty!

Maybe 2D artist too...
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

Gresh1234 wrote:I could also help with vehicle and building part concepts, because I'm kinda decent at technical drawing and stuff.
Nunca lo pensé :o
Ya somos tres.

I'll help you with the textures, of course.
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

I've been working on the cell stage. The cell stage is too "cute", so in order to improve it, I made the concept art of some more serious parts.
Cell Eyes Concept Art
Cell Eyes Concept Art
I'll use a default model of an eye, and change its texture. The problem is to find such model in the game data, and manage to add it as a new part in-game, as I don't know how to make that.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

zymoox wrote:I've been working on the cell stage. The cell stage is too "cute", so in order to improve it, I made the concept art of some more serious parts.
image.jpg
I'll use a default model of an eye, and change its texture. The problem is to find such model in the game data, and manage to add it as a new part in-game, as I don't know how to make that.
Those look really cool! We don't have any eyes, so it will be interesting to add.
However, I think we cannot make unlockable parts for cell stage, so they will have to be in the creature editor :/

About the models, tell me the eye you want to base on and I'll send you the model and textures it uses.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:.
Those look really cool! We don't have any eyes, so it will be interesting to add.
However, I think we cannot make unlockable parts for cell stage, so they will have to be in the creature editor :/

About the models, tell me the eye you want to base on and I'll send you the model and textures it uses.
So there is no way to put parts in the cell editor. Well, then, unfortunately, the cell stage will keep its cuteness.
I've been looking up which creature eyes fit best with my concept art eyes. I though that the two cellular eyes would be nice with "Seeodesic" eye; the one with strings/filaments, with "Felizard"; and the one with some sort of veins (name in image is "???"), with "Occulus". If you think any of them would fit better with another eye, please tell me.
PD.: The name of the eyes might be written incorrectly, as my Spore is in Spanish, and I found the English names in a poor quality image. Sorry for that.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Here you have: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3a3by ... e_Eyes.rar
I've included all the textures used, both in .dds and .png formats. I don't really know how specBump textures work. For tintMasks, red channel is the base color, green channel is the coat color and blue channel is the detail color.
Also, I couldn't get the Seeodesic model, I'll try again later.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Here you have: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3a3by ... e_Eyes.rar
I've included all the textures used, both in .dds and .png formats. I don't really know how specBump textures work. For tintMasks, red channel is the base color, green channel is the coat color and blue channel is the detail color.
Here it is. Textures for 4 new eyes.
https://mega.nz/#!NIwUgJbI!AtEkDpdLJzzM ... SAmu_GInLM
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

zymoox wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Here you have: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3a3by ... e_Eyes.rar
Here it is. Textures for 4 new eyes.
https://mega.nz/#!NIwUgJbI!AtEkDpdLJzzM ... SAmu_GInLM
Check your PMs for another task. I've been looking for someone to do this since FOREVER, after failing to do it myself...I suck at texturing :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

rob55rod wrote: Check your PMs for another task. I've been looking for someone to do this since FOREVER, after failing to do it myself...I suck at texturing :lol:
Thanks. I'm glad I can help with the development of this mod.

And
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:
I've converted the .png to .dds using DXT 5 surface format. Is that a problem?
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

So, are there any other tasks to complete?
SpoffitMaster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SpoffitMaster »

I have some new part models. The first is mouth model with texture it is rigged and has a closing animation. I would love to see them added and think that you mod is amazing.

Edit
I think the part should be:
a herbivore mouth
a 75 cost part
add bite level 1
sing level 2
pose level 1 from the top like a whale's blowhole.
Attachments
Whale Mouth.zip
Contains model and texture.
(793.96 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
The Spoffits once oppressed and treated like animals shall rise to conquer the Galaxy.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Extremely late to the party, but I felt it would be a good time to give my opinions on the demo.

I'm happy that my Boomerang head part made it into the first release, and I believe that the building and creature parts function very well (aside from a few not having textures, which is probably something that will be fixed in the future).

My only real problem lies within the adventure editor, and it is a very minor issue. A few of the pages on the 'terraform' panel are duplicated, like the terrain color, flora, and weather panels having two pages (the second ones being nonfunctional) and the planet theme and terra-build pages all having duplicates. Aside from the bugs mentioned beforehand, this is a very solid look into what is to come in due time. I like it.

Also, I'm working on a bunch of parts in Blender. Stay tuned 8-)
Last edited by Peenut2k7 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SpoffitMaster wrote:I have some new part models. The first is mouth model with texture it is rigged and has a closing animation. I would love to see them added and think that you mod is amazing.

Edit
I think the part should be:
a herbivore mouth
a 75 cost part
add bite level 1
sing level 2
pose level 1 from the top like a whale's blowhole.
Woops, missed this >.<

I'll take a look now.
Peenut2k7 wrote:Extremely late to the party, but I felt it would be a good time to give my opinions on the demo.

:sr:

I'm happy that my Boomerang head part made it into the first release, and I believe that the building and creature parts function very well (aside from a few not having textures, which is probably something that will be fixed in the future).

My only real problem lies within the adventure editor, and it is a very minor issue. A few of the pages on the 'terraform' panel are duplicated, like the terrain color, flora, and weather panels having two pages (the second ones being nonfunctional) and the planet theme and terra-build pages all having duplicates. Aside from the bugs mentioned beforehand, this is a very solid look into what is to come in due time. I like it.

Also, I'm working on a bunch of parts in Blender. Stay tuned 8-)
Please don't use the Spore Resurrection smiley to refer to Spore Resurrection: Next Steps. We have our own smiley, which is awaiting approval or addition as an actual smiley (Image), but in the meantime, it can be displayed like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/897XO1g.png[/img]
Moving on, the texture issue should be addressed in a future released. I am aware of the terraform page issue, and I've yet to figure out how to fix it.

Can't wait to see those parts ^-^

We greatly appreciate how patient you've all been. We know, it's been a ridiculously long amount of time already, but we're trying to put out a really solid release. This involves a lot of attention to everything. We were scrambling to get SRNS done, and thus had to re-release it several times due to bugs we'd missed. We're doing everything we can to ensure SRNS won't have the same kinds of problems. I'm not implying we're in the final bug-squashing stages or anything, far from it at that ( D: ), but it's easier to just build a mod well from the start, then to fix everything after-the-fact.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

rob55rod wrote:Please don't use the Spore Resurrection smiley to refer to Spore Resurrection: Next Steps. We have our own smiley, which is awaiting approval or addition as an actual smiley (Image), but in the meantime, it can be displayed like this:

Fixed the main post.

I'm glad to see that you're working to fix most of the bugs/issues with the current release for the next. It gives me a good feeling that, whenever this bad-boy comes out, it's going to be one of the best ever made.

Also, regarding the thing from the thread on the Sporum, well :P
Attachments
SRNS_DinoParts1.zip
Includes 5 .blend files based off of real dinosaurs, readme explains affinites, and a .png file with morph concepts for two of the parts.
(851.17 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Please don't use the Spore Resurrection smiley to refer to Spore Resurrection: Next Steps. We have our own smiley, which is awaiting approval or addition as an actual smiley (Image), but in the meantime, it can be displayed like this:

Fixed the main post.

I'm glad to see that you're working to fix most of the bugs/issues with the current release for the next. It gives me a good feeling that, whenever this bad-boy comes out, it's going to be one of the best ever made.

Also, regarding the thing from the thread on the Sporum, well :P
>Rob55Rod is preparing your models for exporting into Spore

zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

It is satisfying to see that the mod is still alive. I thought this was dead after not seeing any reply in a week, but it looks this is normal and more things are being developed in the background.
I can't wait to see what's next :)

PD.: If anyone needs anything related to texturing, just ask me, I'm always available.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zymoox wrote:It is satisfying to see that the mod is still alive. I thought this was dead after not seeing any reply in a week, but it looks this is normal and more things are being developed in the background.
I can't wait to see what's next :)

PD.: If anyone needs anything related to texturing, just ask me, I'm always available.
Sorry for not replying, I guess I missed that D:

Yeah, stuff is still happening...hopefully we'll have something to show for it soon :3

SpoffitMaster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SpoffitMaster »

I have two new part models
A poison mushroom
cost:25
Sneak level 1
poison level 1
and A clawed foot
cost 75
strike level 2 unless that is too glitchy
speed 2
Attachments
Clawed foot.zip
(502.04 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Mushtoom.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 222 times
The Spoffits once oppressed and treated like animals shall rise to conquer the Galaxy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”