GigerSpore Revival - BetterSpore UI for Galactic Adventures

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GigerSpore Revival - BetterSpore UI for Galactic Adventures

Unread post by rob55rod »

I'm sure someone here remembers GigerSpore (https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/22360.page). Great mod. Later absorbed into BetterSpore. Sadly, all downloads for the original have been lost to time, and BetterSpore's version is not fully compatible with Galactic Adventures. SO...

Old:
Spoiler
I took it upon myself to reconstruct this glorious masterpiece from its shattered, bent-out-of shape fragments, or if you don't like metaphors, I've updated Virakotxa's brilliant UI mod. It's the only one I've seen that is anything more than a recolor with alternate "create" menu creations. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mcy99 ... al.package
It is incomplete, and I can not complete it due to how broken my Spore is, so enjoy what is done. If anyone would be interested in finishing what I've started, please feel welcome and invited to do so.
Last edited by rob55rod on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: GigerSpore Revival - BetterSpore UI for Galactic Adventu

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Will this be compatible with 1.6, or just 1.5.1?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:Will this be compatible with 1.6, or just 1.5.1?
Both. 1.6 is bot parts. Screenshot is outdated. I'll add new ones later today. The galaxy menu is a separate TexMod patch. I might make a TexMod tutorial if anyone is interested.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Neat.
presidentlucario
Cell
Cell

Unread post by presidentlucario »

How's the progress on this?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

presidentlucario wrote:How's the progress on this?
I can't really progress any further because I can't play the stages, and thus I can't test the UI for them. If you would be willing to test a lot of stuff at any time, without any idea of when, I might be able to finish the mod, and release it.

presidentlucario
Cell
Cell

Unread post by presidentlucario »

Sure, I'll give it a go. It shouldn't be THAT hard. I just want the BetterSpore UI on the sidebars and buttons and the menu stuff, that's all.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

presidentlucario wrote:Sure, I'll give it a go. It shouldn't be THAT hard. I just want the BetterSpore UI on the sidebars and buttons and the menu stuff, that's all.
Thanks! Yeah, I too long for the UI to work again (without it being all broken all over the place, that is). That's why I'm making this. I just want you to know that at this point, you won't be the only one doing this (I got a Steam message about it from a certain someone who already has their hands quite full with a new Spore modding tool), so if you want to back down, or you think you can't do this for any reason, that's okay. But 2 testers ARE always better than one! I appreciate it! Expect a PM relatively soonish, containing a really messed-up package and a not-so-messed up TexMod patch. If you need clarification as to what to do when it arrives, please reply with any and all questions.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Well then. Good luck with that. I hope sooner or later someone will make a "Gorespore revival mod" too. :D
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Well then. Good luck with that. I hope sooner or later someone will make a "Gorespore revival mod" too. :D
That mod never broke. It works just fine...though it is awkward to have to use TexMod. SporeModder brings hope of converting it to a more standard format. I can't really develop GigerSpore revival any further, so I think I'll just release what I have, which is incomplete, but as far as I can tell, bug-free!

kendre
Cell
Cell

Re: GigerSpore Revival - BetterSpore UI for Galactic Adventures

Unread post by kendre »

Im curious, but what does this mod do?
''Din't your mama told you to not play wifh matches?''
tha'ts what he said!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: GigerSpore Revival - BetterSpore UI for Galactic Adventures

kendre wrote:Im curious, but what does this mod do?
Read the OP.
rob55rod wrote:Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”