Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Clicker95
Creature
Creature

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - COMING SOON

Unread post by Clicker95 »

Hi guys. I modder from Russia. I know how to do tintMask for parts. I can teach you how to do it, since I have little time to engage in the creation tintmasks himself.
Spoiler

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Clicker95 wrote:Hi guys. I modder from Russia. I know how to do tintMask for parts. I can teach you how to do it, since I have little time to engage in the creation tintmasks himself.
Spoiler
The issue wasn't a matter of knowledge, just that the photoshop DDS plugin installer wasn't working for me. I have since gotten it working, and discovered that I could just use paint.NET instead. Sorry. Forgot to remove that from the OP. Will fix now!

OFF TOPIC: That model looks amazing! I'm thoroughly impressed. Are you making a parts mod or something? That would be brilliant!

MOAR OFF TOPIC: Also, I am having a lot of difficulty figuring out your user avatar. What IS it?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Clicker95
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Clicker95 wrote:Hi guys. I modder from Russia. I know how to do tintMask for parts. I can teach you how to do it, since I have little time to engage in the creation tintmasks himself.
Spoiler
The issue wasn't a matter of knowledge, just that the photoshop DDS plugin installer wasn't working for me. I have since gotten it working, and discovered that I could just use paint.NET instead. Sorry. Forgot to remove that from the OP. Will fix now!

OFF TOPIC: That model looks amazing! I'm thoroughly impressed. Are you making a parts mod or something? That would be brilliant!

MOAR OFF TOPIC: Also, I am having a lot of difficulty figuring out your user avatar. What IS it?
Okay. If I can do something to help, write here.

OFF TOPIC №1: My friend and I did mod with new parts. He created some cool heads in Skulptris, and I compiled them into package-mod. The idea failed due to incorrect operation of the textures (I think this problem once encountered Davo).
Here are a few more details:
Spoiler
OFF TOPIC №2: On my avatar creation by Darkkostas25 ("Deus Ex Mashina") which I imported in 3D editor and rendered. It was a long time ago, now I do it qualitatively :D
Old 2012-bad-fullrender here
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Spoiler

Okay. If I can do something to help, write here.

OFF TOPIC №1: My friend and I did mod with new parts. He created some cool heads in Skulptris, and I compiled them into package-mod. The idea failed due to incorrect operation of the textures (I think this problem once encountered Davo).
Here are a few more details:
Spoiler
OFF TOPIC №2: On my avatar creation by Darkkostas25 ("Deus Ex Mashina") which I imported in 3D editor and rendered. It was a long time ago, now I do it qualitatively :D
Old 2012-bad-fullrender here
Well, there's an easy way to fix the texture issue. Here it is, as explained by EMD, who discovered it:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote: 1. Grab your UV map of the parts. Get sure all the part is only one object (you can do that selecting them and pressing Ctrl+J)
2. Go to the UV editor. You'll see a sqaure, right? Okay, then get sure any thing of the UV map is out of that square (that causes a bug and in Spore the part is completely black)
3. Select all the UV map pressing A (get sure all is selected, if not, press A two times more)
4. Hold Ctrl and move the texture up. You'll see the UV map is aligned to an invisible grid. So, move it 8 times up, so all the UV map is over the square.
5. Zoom and get sure the UV map isn't touching the square (this will cause some buggy zones on the texture).
6. You can press Alt+Z and see if all it's correct.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Have here a more comprehensible image:

If you meant your part sees black for no apparent reason, make sure nothing it's outside the UV box before you move it up.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Have here a more comprehensible image:

If you meant your part sees black for no apparent reason, make sure nothing it's outside the UV box before you move it up.
Thanks for adding that. I really need to make a list of all these GIFs you've made.

Clicker95
Creature
Creature

Thanks for the instructions. Soon I will be doing mod with new parts :D
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:Thanks for the instructions. Soon I will be doing mod with new parts :D
I can't wait! (Well, I can, but I'm really excited)

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Jeeze, looks like I've missed quite a bit of news

Well, first off, huge congratulations Rob! I'm very much looking forward to what you may have prepared.

If needed I can try assist in the beta testing. Or at least, I'll let you know if I find anything wrong with the patches you may release.
Davo wrote:This forum belongs to my moderators as of right now.

You have my full support.

On a side note. I made a huge post on DI thread that the mod was up for grabs and that i have retired from any real modding.
stuff man. I know you've been very busy outside of modding for a while now, but still sad to see you say you really are done with modding.

I gotta say... thanks a lot for what you have done for the Spore community. A lot of people seem to thank me for keeping Spore alive... and yet there's no way I could of done that without you and your ideas. Not a chance.

I hope you're enjoying whatever it is that's taking you away :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Jeeze, looks like I've missed quite a bit of news

Well, first off, huge congratulations Rob! I'm very much looking forward to what you may have prepared.

If needed I can try assist in the beta testing. Or at least, I'll let you know if I find anything wrong with the patches you may release.
Thanks! I could use Beta Testers. I'll PM you the current Build...immediately. Can't wait to see what you make with it, if anything! I also PMed you on the matter a few weeks ago. Guess it didn't go through...?
DarkEdgeTV wrote:
Davo wrote:This forum belongs to my moderators as of right now.

You have my full support.

On a side note. I made a huge post on DI thread that the mod was up for grabs and that i have retired from any real modding.
stuff man. I know you've been very busy outside of modding for a while now, but still sad to see you say you really are done with modding.

I gotta say... thanks a lot for what you have done for the Spore community. A lot of people seem to thank me for keeping Spore alive... and yet there's no way I could of done that without you and your ideas. Not a chance.

I hope you're enjoying whatever it is that's taking you away :P
Even when Davo says he's leaving, he doesn't...atleast, he hasn't in the past.

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Messaged received, I'll check it out in a sec

It would appear I do not get any notifications anymore from DavoOnline. I used to get emails when so and so happens, but my inbox is completely silent, so I guess I was never notified about your previous message(s).

Sorry about that :( Checking it all now
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Messaged received, I'll check it out in a sec

It would appear I do not get any notifications anymore from DavoOnline. I used to get emails when so and so happens, but my inbox is completely silent, so I guess I was never notified about your previous message(s).

Sorry about that :( Checking it all now
Image Response recieved...I'm a little puzzled. Now I know I was right in thinking that Davoonline PMs should be checked for directly. I never liked email notifications. I'm always paranoid that they might stop working...and then they did. I'm just glad my message was recieved...even if the timing could've been better. Not your fault, so don't feel bad.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

WOOO, NEW NEWS!!!

I found a bunch of unused parts in Darkspore...fists:
Spoiler
Nothing special, they're just fisty versions of existing graspers, and they don't even have any animations...

...except for the one third from the front. The used version of that hand is Deep Blue. The fist version...cyan Now, you may wonder, ""Why are there fists in the first place?". My theory is...well, backgound information first: for those of you who don't play Darkspore, most of those hands belong to characters who hold their weapons. Staves, Clubs, Axes, and Swords. My theory is they were made for that purpose, and then scrapped when the developers realized they could just use animations instead of separate models.
Last edited by rob55rod on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Factual Innacuracy

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:On a side note. I made a huge post on DI thread that the mod was up for grabs and that i have retired from any real modding.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBqJivm4vM[/youtube]
OH REALLY?

Anyways, I'm glad to see you've returned. My suspicions were correct. Wait...

...are you gonna...forcibly repossess Dark Injection or something? I'd much rather see this turn into a collaboration or something like that. But it is technically your legendary mod, so it's really your choice. However, there is one thing I refuse to let you decide, and that is this: Like it or not, I will implement proper icons for the effects. Also, if you don't want to continue developing the mod, the beta testing door is open to you. And by that I mean if nothing else, I'd like to get your thoughts on the new features. And now, I need to go delete some palette pages that broke some stuff.

Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

ok so heres the deal. I still love spore and This mod is EPIC. but all I want from it is the darkspore parts, colors and the extra bot parts. not all the other stuffs. When I got this mod to work I was so happy... but then I realized... it's a little overwhelming. I feel like this might be a sort of impossible request, but, is there a way you could make a download for each section of parts and keep dark injections as a multipack or something like that? It's just far to cluttered for my liking. Thanks for reading this. hope it isn't so much to ask. P.S. ONE MORE THING: this is less important, but can you make the limbs have full arms like that in base spore? might be more of an OCD thing, but it would help
.. ('_')-(Hello! What's Up?)
..../|\
.... /\
in other words: [color=#FFFFFF.]..[/color.] [b.][color=#000000.]('_')[/color.][/b.][color=#FFFFFF.]-(Hello!)[/color.][color=#FFFFFF.]....[/color.][color=#800000.][b.]/|\[/b.][/color.][color=#FFFFFF.].... [/color.][color=#000080.][b.]/\[/b.][/color.][/size.]Then just remove the periods!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bzubko wrote:ok so heres the deal. I still love spore and This mod is EPIC. but all I want from it is the darkspore parts, colors and the extra bot parts. not all the other stuffs. When I got this mod to work I was so happy... but then I realized... it's a little overwhelming. I feel like this might be a sort of impossible request, but, is there a way you could make a download for each section of parts and keep dark injections as a multipack or something like that? It's just far to cluttered for my liking. Thanks for reading this. hope it isn't so much to ask. P.S. ONE MORE THING: this is less important, but can you make the limbs have full arms like that in base spore? might be more of an OCD thing, but it would help
Request 1: I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you provide the request in a more orderly form? Preferably less of a text wall?
Request 2: Camßεn's Dark Genetics mod has editors you could use to make your own limbs that way.

Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

rob55rod wrote:
Bzubko wrote:ok so heres the deal. I still love spore and This mod is EPIC. but all I want from it is the darkspore parts, colors and the extra bot parts. not all the other stuffs. When I got this mod to work I was so happy... but then I realized... it's a little overwhelming. I feel like this might be a sort of impossible request, but, is there a way you could make a download for each section of parts and keep dark injections as a multipack or something like that? It's just far to cluttered for my liking. Thanks for reading this. hope it isn't so much to ask. P.S. ONE MORE THING: this is less important, but can you make the limbs have full arms like that in base spore? might be more of an OCD thing, but it would help
Request 1: I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you provide the request in a more orderly form? Preferably less of a text wall?
Request 2: Camßεn's Dark Genetics mod has editors you could use to make your own limbs that way.
Arright, I actually didn't expect a response! so thats awesome.

1: I gotcha on the organization, and hopefully this doesn't still count as a great wall a' text.

2: nice to know about Dark Genetics mod.

3: you know how Dark Injections includes abilities, armor, sounds, invisible limbs, etc...? I only like some features of the mod. I feel as though spore is unplayable with all those tabs and other parts due to the unorganized clutteredness of it all (I do understand that the mod is currently a WIP).

4: What I am asking is if there is a way to install ONLY the features I like about the mod (Darkspore parts, Extra Botparts, and Colors) rather than the whole deal.

EDIT: 4.5: I noticed that you have, in the past, given people isolated parts of dark injections such as invisible limbs. Thats sort of what I am looking for.

5: I love the mod, and somehow still love spore even though it's what? five years old? However, although Installing it as my first mod was absolutely incredible, there is too much stuff and I uninstalled it.

6: My suggestion would be to create an optional page of downloads that have the individual features of the mod to download.

7: no, I do not expect you to take my suggestion

8: yes, it would make my day if you did take the time to help one insignificant Sporian.

Thanks for taking the time to read my more organized and split up tower of words, and keep being awesome! :D
Last edited by Bzubko on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
..../|\
.... /\
in other words: [color=#FFFFFF.]..[/color.] [b.][color=#000000.]('_')[/color.][/b.][color=#FFFFFF.]-(Hello!)[/color.][color=#FFFFFF.]....[/color.][color=#800000.][b.]/|\[/b.][/color.][color=#FFFFFF.].... [/color.][color=#000080.][b.]/\[/b.][/color.][/size.]Then just remove the periods!
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

I feel like this was worded a million times better!
..../|\
.... /\
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Bzubko wrote:I feel like this was worded a million times better!
Worded? I guess.
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

GIRGHGH wrote:
Bzubko wrote:I feel like this was worded a million times better!
Worded? I guess.
I am confused...
..../|\
.... /\
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”