CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by Vallachan »

I think that this is the first official release of this mod on Davoonline, but here it is in all of its usefulness.

CAMBEN COLOR PACK

This mod adds over 200 color coded parts into the creature creator. These parts can get almost infinitely small and up to 40 units large, take up no complexity, all cost 0 DNA, and give no stats. This mod has also been used to create some very amazing creations by Exodrake on DeviantART, and DarkEdgeTV on Youtube.

v3.1 Change notes:

Code: Select all

- Swapped bump model to use the Darkspore version, which has a Nudge handle (may or may not adversely affect existing creations)
v3 Change Notes:

- Added Coloured feathers by Rob55Rod/Splitwirez
- Added one new category to contain the advanced coloured feathers
v2 Change Notes:

- Added 147 new parts
- Added 2 new categories for easier organization
- Added 120 new colors and shades
- Added 27 grayscale/grayish colors
- New category icons by Rob55Rod/Splitwirez
- Fixed Crimson, Silver, and Black bumps
- Fixed dependency on other mods (no more glitchy untextured bumps)
- Removed lvl 5 Health stat on all parts
Pictures:
Spoiler
colored_bumps.png
colorpack_01.png

DOWNLOAD (V3.1):
GET IT HERE
MEGA Mirror

Previous Versions:
v3:
!!!!!!!!!!!!_2016_CB_Color_pack_v3.package
CamBen Color Pack v3
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 11201 times
v2:
CB_AAA_Color_pack.package
CamBen Color Pack v2
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 6973 times
v1:
CB_Color_pack.package
CamBen Color Pack v1
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 5846 times

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Mx3
Creature
Creature

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by Mx3 »

Image I will experiment a bit with this.
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

Coloring Intensifies.
sandwich kingdom
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

CamBen, you're a boss. Thanks for making this simple yet freakin' awesome mod, this really deserves a lot more attention :P

If it wasn't for this and Dark Injections, I couldn't dream of making this;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhPDu_iIWMw[/youtube]
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

That is really awesome! I only really know of three people other than me (including you) that actually make good use of this mod. Also, if you wanted to make the feet more of the right color, you could download my dark genetics mod, which makes a duplicate of all the core spore parts, except that these new ones have better recoloring and aren't tinted tan.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

My favourite part of that is that you said duplicated, so there's a choice between parts :D

I'll be sure to give it a go in a moment, cheers!
baelfire24
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by baelfire24 »

1st off i love this mod it makes my creatures look like they have fur i made sully from monsters inc heres the thing i cant save him that said i do have the force save mod buuuut that is why i am here i dont know what i did i am in the right place i know that but i cant save i removed all my mods and put them in again but this time i added the force save mod first i thought i would work like code but niet please help me :?:
baelfire24
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by baelfire24 »

DARKEDGE !!!! im new here i just wanted to say i love your videos my creations have been so great after i viewed your videos your great thank you so much =]
Sporedinosaur7
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sporedinosaur7 »

cool! ill try it out btw can you make a mod for in early-captain editors you can use paint bucket for different parts? something like getting the paint bucket from vehicle editor? that would be awesome hope its possible :D
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

That has been requested many times, but sadly, using the limited tools we have for spore modding, that isn't possible.

noobsy11
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by noobsy11 »

Hm. The Mod hasn't had any effect on my game, and the only mod i have is dark injection. Any reason or an easy fix? I'd love to use these parts.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Dark injection may be overriding the file I used to put in the new categories. Try renaming the mod so it is higher in alphabetical sorting (ie by adding aa00_0_ in front of the file name) than dark injection, because I make all my mods have at least some backwards comparability with my previous mods or other mods I've downloaded.

noobsy11
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks, I will try that.
noobsy11
Hatchling
Hatchling

No Change, or at least not that I noticed. Also I now have Better spore installed, and Davo's flight mod. Any other thoughts?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:Dark injection may be overriding the file I used to put in the new categories. Try renaming the mod so it is higher in alphabetical sorting (ie by adding aa00_0_ in front of the file name) than dark injection, because I make all my mods have at least some backwards comparability with my previous mods or other mods I've downloaded.
Normally that works, but I find that DI and DG take absolute priority, forcing me to remove files instead. Speaking of DG my Spore can no longer open the creatureeditor without it. Probably not your fault. My spore install is struggling to load these days. Its falling apart and files are going missing all the time. I am being forced to fill the holes with mods. If you know anything about this (ahem) spore rot, please tell me.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

That is honestly really strange, but I know where you're coming from. I can't remove camben custom parts v4.1 otherwise all the pages in my editor glitch out and get thrown all over the screen. After re-installing, everything went back to normal again. Spore can get really unstable a lot of the time... The reason why DG usually has to be in the highest priority is because it overrides every default game creature part with one that has fixed textures, and then it duplicates the parts over again under a different name, and those use the 'default' darkspore textures from arenas_textures. Mods like betterspore and dark injection override the default parts as well I'm pretty sure, so those mods must have lower priority.

Personally, I haven't had any problems attempting to put in or remove DG or DI except for locked creations.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:That is honestly really strange, but I know where you're coming from. I can't remove camben custom parts v4.1 otherwise all the pages in my editor glitch out and get thrown all over the screen. After re-installing, everything went back to normal again. Spore can get really unstable a lot of the time... The reason why DG usually has to be in the highest priority is because it overrides every default game creature part with one that has fixed textures, and then it duplicates the parts over again under a different name, and those use the 'default' darkspore textures from arenas_textures. Mods like betterspore and dark injection override the default parts as well I'm pretty sure, so those mods must have lower priority.

Personally, I haven't had any problems attempting to put in or remove DG or DI except for locked creations.
Yeah. That palette thing is caused by an incorrectly set up custom palette. Spore rot probably has something to do with the fact that my spore GA disk is crumbling to dust. Miracle its still even readable by the drive.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Hi again, just me, popping in to show off.

CamBen your mod is without a doubt my second favourite now. If I could consider DI and the Colour Packs as one mod, then that's my favourite.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Glad you find the parts so useful! :D someday I hope to add more variants of colors (such as possibly all the spore coloration palette colors) but currently my project in spore is creating new recoloring mouths for dark genetics.

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Oooohh that I'm going to have to keep an eye on, both for Dark Genetics and this Colour Pack.

Just a note, should you return to this for a moment, I could be wrong but I feel like the Green and Dark Green knurldowns are the same colour :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”