CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
User avatar
TheTrex46
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 am
Location: UK

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby TheTrex46 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:13 am

rob55rod wrote:
TheTrex46 wrote:HELP
the colours dont appear (they dont appear in paint and test run mode) and i cant save creatures with parts from this mod on it, i installed it right, whats going on

OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T ANYONE HERE READ!?!?!?! IF NOTHING ELSE, THAT WOULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE ACTUAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS:

1. What version of the game are you running? (Disk, Origin, or Steam)
2. Do you have Galactic Adventures?
3. Did you batch both Spore and Spore Galactic adventures to v5.1? (Never trust automatic updates, they LIE)
4. What other mods are you currently using, if any?
5. Exactly what steps did you take to install the mod?

AND NEVER, EVER ASSUME YOU INSTALLED IT CORRECTLY, BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T, SEEING AS THAT IT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. IF YOU HAD, THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.




...sorry. I'm just sick and tired of "IT DOENS'T WOKR WAAAAAH FIX IT YUOR MOD DOESN'T WORK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YUO SUCK" and that kind of garbage. To be honest, I'm tempted to start responding to that kind of posts with the following statement:

"The mod works, but it seems you don't."

Yeah...it's gonna be a while before I get that sick of it. And if I do, I will likely cease to be Tech Support/Moderator/WHATEVER I AM NOW.

1. my spore is disk version
2. I have all expansions and patches including bot parts (NOT AUTOMATIC PATCH)
3. I am using no other mods
4. I put "CB_Color_pack.package" in the data folder of "SPORE_EP1"
also I installed dark injections once and got rid of it (dont ask why)

User avatar
Bluearga
First Class
First Class
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:13 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Bluearga » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 am

Silver Bump and Gray Hair are incorrect. They have body color.
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 pm

TheTrex46 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
TheTrex46 wrote:HELP
the colours dont appear (they dont appear in paint and test run mode) and i cant save creatures with parts from this mod on it, i installed it right, whats going on

OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T ANYONE HERE READ!?!?!?! IF NOTHING ELSE, THAT WOULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE ACTUAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS:

1. What version of the game are you running? (Disk, Origin, or Steam)
2. Do you have Galactic Adventures?
3. Did you batch both Spore and Spore Galactic adventures to v5.1? (Never trust automatic updates, they LIE)
4. What other mods are you currently using, if any?
5. Exactly what steps did you take to install the mod?

AND NEVER, EVER ASSUME YOU INSTALLED IT CORRECTLY, BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T, SEEING AS THAT IT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. IF YOU HAD, THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.




...sorry. I'm just sick and tired of "IT DOENS'T WOKR WAAAAAH FIX IT YUOR MOD DOESN'T WORK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YUO SUCK" and that kind of garbage. To be honest, I'm tempted to start responding to that kind of posts with the following statement:

"The mod works, but it seems you don't."

Yeah...it's gonna be a while before I get that sick of it. And if I do, I will likely cease to be Tech Support/Moderator/WHATEVER I AM NOW.

1. my spore is disk version
2. I have all expansions and patches including bot parts (NOT AUTOMATIC PATCH)
3. I am using no other mods
4. I put "CB_Color_pack.package" in the data folder of "SPORE_EP1"
also I installed dark injections once and got rid of it (dont ask why)

Try reinstalling Dark Injection, or install Dark Genetics instead.

Bluearga wrote:Silver Bump and Gray Hair are incorrect. They have body color.

No idea why sone people have that issue, those parts work fine for me...I think...It's been a while, so I'll have to double-check that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:08 am

I'll have to further investigate the whole DI/DG dependency glitch, maybe I forgot to pack in a texture or something... Anything is possible when it comes to glitches. :?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:33 am

Camßεn wrote:I'll have to further investigate the whole DI/DG dependency glitch, maybe I forgot to pack in a texture or something... Anything is possible when it comes to glitches. :?

Well if that's so, then I'll guess that the texture in question is a tintMask. Or a grey diffuse.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:07 am

Yea I'm thinking tintmask. The diffuse for all of them are just random colors of whatever specified by the name. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I just used the black bump's diffuse as the tintmask, but maybe I didn't. Or maybe I forgot that texture too since it's included in a different mod or something
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:35 am

Camßεn wrote:Yea I'm thinking tintmask. The diffuse for all of them are just random colors of whatever specified by the name. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I just used the black bump's diffuse as the tintmask, but maybe I didn't. Or maybe I forgot that texture too since it's included in a different mod or something

That's why I always include everything in everything.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
TheTrex46
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 am
Location: UK

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby TheTrex46 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 am

the textures of the camben colour parts are still not colored and i cant save with it, i tried reinstalling dark injections but it still wont work, I guess i'll just wait for an update to fix some stuff if you are even gonna make an update.
I think its just that my spore has issues or the mod is conflicting with something else or whatever

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:01 am

TheTrex46 wrote:the textures of the camben colour parts are still not colored and i cant save with it, i tried reinstalling dark injections but it still wont work, I guess i'll just wait for an update to fix some stuff if you are even gonna make an update.
I think its just that my spore has issues or the mod is conflicting with something else or whatever

In that case, I have no idea what the problem is. Sorry. Maybe CamBen or someone else has a better guess.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Snowkitty16
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 am

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Snowkitty16 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:38 am

I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.
Only the folders for spore are somewhere else located

Program files (x86) > Origin games > Spore Galactic Adventures > Data

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:43 am

Snowkitty16 wrote:I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.
Only the folders for spore are somewhere else located

Program files (x86) > Origin games > Spore Galactic Adventures > Data

Well then count yourself lucky. Wait...is this supposed to be a bug report?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Snowkitty16
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 am

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Snowkitty16 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:38 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Snowkitty16 wrote:I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.
Only the folders for spore are somewhere else located

Program files (x86) > Origin games > Spore Galactic Adventures > Data

Well then count yourself lucky. Wait...is this supposed to be a bug report?
No! I just thought it could help some people :P

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Snowkitty16 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Snowkitty16 wrote:I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.
Only the folders for spore are somewhere else located

Program files (x86) > Origin games > Spore Galactic Adventures > Data

Well then count yourself lucky. Wait...is this supposed to be a bug report?
No! I just thought it could help some people :P

Oh, well in that case...


...it likely will. Thanks for your contribution, and I didn't mean to offend you.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Imaotaku
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 am

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Imaotaku » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 am

wow, this mod is awesome. I blame myself for not finding it sooner.

User avatar
Wj11jam
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Wj11jam » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Wj11jam wrote:For some reason, the parts just act like normal knurl downs :?

Switch to paint mode. For the time being, there is no way to modify the build mode texture..because it's kinda baked in and stuff. BUT that's about to change, because EMD is making a new spore modding tool which will [yada yada yada you've probably already heard this story].


When I go into paint mode, they take the colour of the main body of the creature.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 am

Try getting dark injection or dark genetics
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Deathwolf200
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 am

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Deathwolf200 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:53 pm

It says that the file extension does not exist anymore

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby CamBen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Oh yea, you're right... Probably happened when Davo updated the site, or maybe the link timed out or something. In the meantime, here's a mirror link on sporebase since currently I can't upload a new one (on mobile)

http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.ph ... ttach=6507
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

famekilla
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:07 am

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby famekilla » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 am

i have the parts but hey don't have any color to them

Godzilla-Force
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread postby Godzilla-Force » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:40 am

I happen to especially enjoy this mod, though I think some parts could probably be added, like the Feathered Wing and the feather parts as well (I don't like to use the original Feathered Wings, I just can't seem to get the color right).


Return to “Part Mods”