CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
RealDedFax
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by RealDedFax »

The BUmps Match Color Of My Creature And If I Have To Have GA THen im out :? :spore:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

RealDedFax wrote:The BUmps Match Color Of My Creature And If I Have To Have GA THen im out :? :spore:
Try installing Dark Injection.

And yes, you have to have GA, that's true of most mods nowadays :P
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Spore_Player »

I love this mod, I saw it on Youtube, and instantly wanted to download it.
However, once I used the "Knurlies" in-game, they had no texture. I mean, they had a texture, but not THE texture advertised in the "Parts Folder"
To tell you what I mean, here's an example:
I would place the "cheese bump" ( xD ) "knurlie" onto the creature, right?
When I went into Paint Mode/Test drive mode, the Knurlie would just be the exact same color as the creature, and not the "Cheese bump" color it was supposed to be. This happens with ALL of the "Knurlie" and "Hair" parts.
If anybody knows, how can I fix this problem?

(P.S. I do not have GA, however, I boldly downloaded this because most of the mods that "Aboslutely need GA or else they'll explode" usually work with my Spore. Most of the Parts mods, at least.)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Yea, you'll probably want to get GA and dark injection or dark genetics. For some reason if you don't have those, it doesn't work properly.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
tortipouseman
Cell
Cell

Unread post by tortipouseman »

there is a problem link is dead
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

tortipouseman wrote:there is a problem link is dead
No it isn't. I just downloaded it to test it ._.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
kustoms34
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kustoms34 »

I am so confuse because the mod work but when i want to choose a color element, it tells me that EVERY elements are "molebas" so i see the sprite but when i slide my mouse on it, it becomes "molebas" element, so i cant use any of color element.... so confused ><
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Hey, just more than happy to say that this mod is the closest answer to all those coloring issues on Spore I ever had ever since I was making creatures. Now you can make rainbow creatures or accurate character recreations.

I want to say that so far, nothing wrong is going on. The coloring works as it should (and my game is cracked; I used a key from a legit copy though, but I don't have a CD drive in my computer. I just can't update it so I don't have access to asymmetry, but it's a small price to pay for all these mods).

Thanks!

P.S. One question: is there a way to include those cube handles that can drag the parts forward and backward? That would definitely be cool if the parts could do that.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Hey, just more than happy to say that this mod is the closest answer to all those coloring issues on Spore I ever had ever since I was making creatures. Now you can make rainbow creatures or accurate character recreations.

I want to say that so far, nothing wrong is going on. The coloring works as it should (and my game is cracked; I used a key from a legit copy though, but I don't have a CD drive in my computer. I just can't update it so I don't have access to asymmetry, but it's a small price to pay for all these mods).

Thanks!

P.S. One question: is there a way to include those cube handles that can drag the parts forward and backward? That would definitely be cool if the parts could do that.
Those handles can't be added ATM, but they may be able to be someday.

BTW there are mods for asymmetry, though they add it in a Building Editor-esque manner. I'm not sure if any of them still work, though...

Also, have you tried the manual Patch 5.1 installer? It might still work. It's available both on the Spore Website and the Dark Injection download page.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Actually if you have dark injection, the square handles already exist for almost all the detail part models, including this.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Actually if you have dark injection, the square handles already exist for almost all the detail part models, including this.
How did I forget about that? >.<

<Kevin>
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by <Kevin> »

Ummm... Whats an EP1 file?... i'm confused... :?:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

<Kevin> wrote:Ummm... Whats an EP1 file?... i'm confused... :?:
It isn't. It's a folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/SPORE_EP1, to be specific), which is the default installation directory for Spore, when installed from a Disk. A subfolder of it, "Data", is where the game's files are stored, as well as any mods you may end up installing. For Origin, the Data folder is at C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Spore Galactic Adventures/Data , and for Steam, I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's at C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Spore/DataEP1 or...something like that. Anyone who reads this, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that last one.

MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Camßεn wrote:Actually if you have dark injection, the square handles already exist for almost all the detail part models, including this.
I haven't seen them, and I am using Dark Injection. It could be my reluctance to update it to version 5.1, so maybe that's why they're not showing up for me.
rob55rod wrote: Those handles can't be added ATM, but they may be able to be someday.

BTW there are mods for asymmetry, though they add it in a Building Editor-esque manner. I'm not sure if any of them still work, though...

Also, have you tried the manual Patch 5.1 installer? It might still work. It's available both on the Spore Website and the Dark Injection download page.
Huh, I've tried patching my game to Patch 5.1 before, but there is a known patching bug that removes the animation and the voices, as far as I recall, and I had to go through multiple reinstalls and all in aghast. I've read it's only on cracked copies, and no, I'm not a pirate, I just don't have a CD drive and my GA disc is scratched beyond repair. Right now, at version 1.4.0 or so, everything is working surprisingly well (except for the Captain Parts, I can't attach Warrior Parts at all except for the Lightning one, and that one can't even get stronger with those orange handles; the Adventure editor displays only 5 pages of creatures). It's only when I patch is when everything goes much more wrong.

It's kinda off-topic though, but I would love solutions. There is this unofficial Patch 1.07 made by the team of Forgotten Spore, but that may conflict with my complexity mods and Space stage mods.

Related to this, but can you add some colors for blue and pink? Also, the gray one doesn't seem to work, as it appears to use the creature's skin color like Recoloring Bump and Body Hair.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:
I haven't seen them, and I am using Dark Injection. It could be my reluctance to update it to version 5.1, so maybe that's why they're not showing up for me.
rob55rod wrote: Those handles can't be added ATM, but they may be able to be someday.

Huh, I've tried patching my game to Patch 5.1 before, but there is a known patching bug that removes the animation and the voices, as far as I recall, and I had to go through multiple reinstalls and all in aghast. I've read it's only on cracked copies, and no, I'm not a pirate, I just don't have a CD drive and my GA disc is scratched beyond repair. Right now, at version 1.4.0 or so, everything is working surprisingly well (except for the Captain Parts, I can't attach Warrior Parts at all except for the Lightning one, and that one can't even get stronger with those orange handles; the Adventure editor displays only 5 pages of creatures). It's only when I patch is when everything goes much more wrong.

It's kinda off-topic though, but I would love solutions. There is this unofficial Patch 1.07 made by the team of Forgotten Spore, but that may conflict with my complexity mods and Space stage mods.

Related to this, but can you add some colors for blue and pink? Also, the gray one doesn't seem to work, as it appears to use the creature's skin color like Recoloring Bump and Body Hair.
Dark Injection technically doesn't add the handles, but Arenas_RDX9 does. Renaming it to zArenas_RDX9 and putting it in Core Spore's Data folder prevents it from doing so. You have to remove the z and put it in your GA Data folder. Also, doing so fusterclucks the game's ability to bake models of creations made without Arenas_RDX9 active, resulting in the placement of details on said creations being messed up.

Patch the game to 5.1, then copy all the files in your Core Spore Data folder (except zArenas_Textures) to your GA Data folder, and add a v to the beginning to all of their names.

Patch 7 isn't a patch, it's a mod.

MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

All right then. I was aware that Patch 7 is a mod gussied as a "patch", but I see what you mean.

Checking my mods...

By the way, all of the downloaded mods were placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data. I always extract them to that folder.

And there is a Arenas_RDX9.package file in there, and it's called as it is.

Meanwhile, only the vanilla files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data

So that leaves me to patch the game to 5.1 and copy all my files.

Thanks for providing me some help!

EDIT:
Well, I patched the game, followed the directions by copy-pasting the files into GA Data and renaming them with a v_ in front, and now, the animations are gone, like what happened before. :?

I never had a z_Arenas_RDX9.package file in the Core Spore data folder, so it's not even there in the first place.

These are what the files look like.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:All right then. I was aware that Patch 7 is a mod gussied as a "patch", but I see what you mean.

Checking my mods...

By the way, all of the downloaded mods were placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data. I always extract them to that folder.

And there is a Arenas_RDX9.package file in there, and it's called as it is.

Meanwhile, only the vanilla files are in C:\Pcrogram Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data

So that leaves me to patch the game to 5.1 and copy all my files.

Thanks for providing me some help!

EDIT:
Well, I patched the game, followed the directions by copy-pasting the files into GA Data and renaming them with a v_ in front, and now, the animations are gone, like what happened before. :?

These are what the files look like.
Okay, no idea. Now all I can think to suggest is re-buy the game on Origin, and I assume this whole thing isn't worth $80 CDN to you? (It was to me, because the damn "disk-must-be-in-drive" crap breaks the game in a VM ._. ...)

MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

I can always stick to version 1.4.0. because that version is surprisingly stable for Dark Injection and mods in general. I just miss out on assymmetry. I guess I'll just have to use external mods to get what I want, lol. Oh, and those Warrior parts... I guess they'll be gimped.

Just one more thing, any way to remove patch 1.5.1? I can always reset it by reinstalling everything, but I just want to see if there is a quicker solution.

I believe I actually attempted to use Origin to retrieve those games, but I remembered that I DO have my games on an Origins account... except it's tied to my father's account, I believe, and I can't access it, and it's been such a long time.

Don't feel like rebuying something, but if that's the last thing I'm going to do, I'm going to do it.

Oh yeah, the "disk-must-be-in-drive" was the whole reason my GA was scratched beyond belief. I can't stop playing GA, lol. Not sure what you mean by "worth $80 CDM", but once I get enough money, I'll just buy a bundle if it's possible. My sister even considered it as a Steam game, but I warned her, that, no, it's going to have issues. :[

I was also thinking of installing TWO versions, though, the 1.5.1. version for asymmetrical creations and the 1.4.0. version for playing and enjoying, but I don't know how to pull THAT one off.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:I can always stick to version 1.4.0. because that version is surprisingly stable for Dark Injection and mods in general. I just miss out on assymmetry. I guess I'll just have to use external mods to get what I want, lol. Oh, and those Warrior parts... I guess they'll be gimped.

Just one more thing, any way to remove patch 1.5.1? I can always reset it by reinstalling everything, but I just want to see if there is a quicker solution.

I believe I actually attempted to use Origin to retrieve those games, but I remembered that I DO have my games on an Origins account... except it's tied to my father's account, I believe, and I can't access it, and it's been such a long time.

Don't feel like rebuying something, but if that's the last thing I'm going to do, I'm going to do it.

Oh yeah, the "disk-must-be-in-drive" was the whole reason my GA was scratched beyond belief. I can't stop playing GA, lol. Not sure what you mean by "worth $80 CDM", but once I get enough money, I'll just buy a bundle if it's possible. My sister even considered it as a Steam game, but I warned her, that, no, it's going to have issues. :[

I was also thinking of installing TWO versions, though, the 1.5.1. version for asymmetrical creations and the 1.4.0. version for playing and enjoying, but I don't know how to pull THAT one off.
Yeah, patch 4 is more or less patch 5.1 without Asymmetry, as far as mod compatibility goes. We just tell everyone to go for patch 5 because it's easier to come by, and because standardized setups are easier to troubleshoot.

My GA disk is about ready to split in half (and it still works!), so a scratched disk isn't actually that bad.

"Worth $80 CDN" as in "Worth 80 Canadian Dollars" :lol:

You can't run 2 versions of Spore on the same OS, so unless you're dual-booting... (and I'm not even sure if that would work, so ._. )

MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Oh, it's all right. I've reinstalled Spore from scratch, back to 1.4.0. Don't mind my creations, I was able to readd most of them, so not much of a loss!

Patch 4's problems so far are these

1. Apparent lack of cube handles
2. Can't attach warrior parts at all; I can click and drag them off the menu, but they don't stick on the creature; the warrior parts themselves still work, as some of my much older creations can use them and the higher level weapons, even though some of my older ones strangely have their warrior abilities replaced with bite and all. On an unrelated note, is it even feasible to create invisible parts that attach warrior abilities the same way they can attach creature abilities?
3. 5 pages per 10 creatures in the Adventure editor as opposed to 6 pages per 10 creatures.
4. No asymmetry. This one is a nuisance.

Since I can't use asymmetry like a lot of users can since my case is, uh, unique, it would be nice if anyone can point to me an old asymmetry mod that I'll use ONLY when creating asymmetrical creatures. I want to see how well THAT one works.

Oh, mine is so bad, my computer can't even read my disc. There is even this sticky glue-like stuff near the center of the disc, and there is a scratch ring around the disc.

No wonder, I live in the U.S.. Oh well, hope this won't set me back so much I need to pay up.

But thanks for attempting to help, really appreciate that! :)

On the good note, there is should be no reason the color knurlies will be messed up going from patch 4 to patch 5 (but they probably will if I happen to download some creations that use the cube handle).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”