CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
TheTrex46
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by TheTrex46 »

rob55rod wrote:
TheTrex46 wrote:HELP
the colours dont appear (they dont appear in paint and test run mode) and i cant save creatures with parts from this mod on it, i installed it right, whats going on
OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T ANYONE HERE READ!?!?!?! IF NOTHING ELSE, THAT WOULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE ACTUAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS:

1. What version of the game are you running? (Disk, Origin, or Steam)
2. Do you have Galactic Adventures?
3. Did you batch both Spore and Spore Galactic adventures to v5.1? (Never trust automatic updates, they LIE)
4. What other mods are you currently using, if any?
5. Exactly what steps did you take to install the mod?

AND NEVER, EVER ASSUME YOU INSTALLED IT CORRECTLY, BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T, SEEING AS THAT IT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. IF YOU HAD, THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

...sorry. I'm just sick and tired of "IT DOENS'T WOKR WAAAAAH FIX IT YUOR MOD DOESN'T WORK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YUO SUCK" and that kind of garbage. To be honest, I'm tempted to start responding to that kind of posts with the following statement:

"The mod works, but it seems you don't."

Yeah...it's gonna be a while before I get that sick of it. And if I do, I will likely cease to be Tech Support/Moderator/WHATEVER I AM NOW.
1. my spore is disk version
2. I have all expansions and patches including bot parts (NOT AUTOMATIC PATCH)
3. I am using no other mods
4. I put "CB_Color_pack.package" in the data folder of "SPORE_EP1"
also I installed dark injections once and got rid of it (dont ask why)

Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

Silver Bump and Gray Hair are incorrect. They have body color.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheTrex46 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
TheTrex46 wrote:HELP
the colours dont appear (they dont appear in paint and test run mode) and i cant save creatures with parts from this mod on it, i installed it right, whats going on
OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T ANYONE HERE READ!?!?!?! IF NOTHING ELSE, THAT WOULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE ACTUAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS:

1. What version of the game are you running? (Disk, Origin, or Steam)
2. Do you have Galactic Adventures?
3. Did you batch both Spore and Spore Galactic adventures to v5.1? (Never trust automatic updates, they LIE)
4. What other mods are you currently using, if any?
5. Exactly what steps did you take to install the mod?

AND NEVER, EVER ASSUME YOU INSTALLED IT CORRECTLY, BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T, SEEING AS THAT IT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. IF YOU HAD, THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

...sorry. I'm just sick and tired of "IT DOENS'T WOKR WAAAAAH FIX IT YUOR MOD DOESN'T WORK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YUO SUCK" and that kind of garbage. To be honest, I'm tempted to start responding to that kind of posts with the following statement:

"The mod works, but it seems you don't."

Yeah...it's gonna be a while before I get that sick of it. And if I do, I will likely cease to be Tech Support/Moderator/WHATEVER I AM NOW.
1. my spore is disk version
2. I have all expansions and patches including bot parts (NOT AUTOMATIC PATCH)
3. I am using no other mods
4. I put "CB_Color_pack.package" in the data folder of "SPORE_EP1"
also I installed dark injections once and got rid of it (dont ask why)
Try reinstalling Dark Injection, or install Dark Genetics instead.
Bluearga wrote:Silver Bump and Gray Hair are incorrect. They have body color.
No idea why sone people have that issue, those parts work fine for me...I think...It's been a while, so I'll have to double-check that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'll have to further investigate the whole DI/DG dependency glitch, maybe I forgot to pack in a texture or something... Anything is possible when it comes to glitches. :?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:I'll have to further investigate the whole DI/DG dependency glitch, maybe I forgot to pack in a texture or something... Anything is possible when it comes to glitches. :?
Well if that's so, then I'll guess that the texture in question is a tintMask. Or a grey diffuse.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Yea I'm thinking tintmask. The diffuse for all of them are just random colors of whatever specified by the name. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I just used the black bump's diffuse as the tintmask, but maybe I didn't. Or maybe I forgot that texture too since it's included in a different mod or something

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Yea I'm thinking tintmask. The diffuse for all of them are just random colors of whatever specified by the name. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure I just used the black bump's diffuse as the tintmask, but maybe I didn't. Or maybe I forgot that texture too since it's included in a different mod or something
That's why I always include everything in everything.

TheTrex46
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheTrex46 »

the textures of the camben colour parts are still not colored and i cant save with it, i tried reinstalling dark injections but it still wont work, I guess i'll just wait for an update to fix some stuff if you are even gonna make an update.
I think its just that my spore has issues or the mod is conflicting with something else or whatever
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheTrex46 wrote:the textures of the camben colour parts are still not colored and i cant save with it, i tried reinstalling dark injections but it still wont work, I guess i'll just wait for an update to fix some stuff if you are even gonna make an update.
I think its just that my spore has issues or the mod is conflicting with something else or whatever
In that case, I have no idea what the problem is. Sorry. Maybe CamBen or someone else has a better guess.

Snowkitty16
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Snowkitty16 »

I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.
Only the folders for spore are somewhere else located

Program files (x86) > Origin games > Spore Galactic Adventures > Data
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snowkitty16 wrote:I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.

Well then count yourself lucky. Wait...is this supposed to be a bug report?

Snowkitty16
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Snowkitty16 »

rob55rod wrote:
Snowkitty16 wrote:I've got spore on origin and It works normally for me. I dont know what others have.

No! I just thought it could help some people :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snowkitty16 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

No! I just thought it could help some people :P
Oh, well in that case...

...it likely will. Thanks for your contribution, and I didn't mean to offend you.

Imaotaku
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Imaotaku »

wow, this mod is awesome. I blame myself for not finding it sooner.
Wj11jam
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wj11jam »

rob55rod wrote:
Wj11jam wrote:For some reason, the parts just act like normal knurl downs :?
Switch to paint mode. For the time being, there is no way to modify the build mode texture..because it's kinda baked in and stuff. BUT that's about to change, because EMD is making a new spore modding tool which will [yada yada yada you've probably already heard this story].
When I go into paint mode, they take the colour of the main body of the creature.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Try getting dark injection or dark genetics

Deathwolf200
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Deathwolf200 »

It says that the file extension does not exist anymore
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Oh yea, you're right... Probably happened when Davo updated the site, or maybe the link timed out or something. In the meantime, here's a mirror link on sporebase since currently I can't upload a new one (on mobile)

http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.ph ... ttach=6507

famekilla
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by famekilla »

i have the parts but hey don't have any color to them
Godzilla-Force
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Godzilla-Force »

I happen to especially enjoy this mod, though I think some parts could probably be added, like the Feathered Wing and the feather parts as well (I don't like to use the original Feathered Wings, I just can't seem to get the color right).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”