Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Various editor modifications are found here.
Liskomato
Recruit
Recruit

Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread postby Liskomato » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1rG-5opsyR6Mg3ZAYk02CBJ4k-Pns9JGs

This mod does one thing and one thing alone: Double the amount of slots available per page within the Adventure Editor. An issue most adventure creators might face at least once in their lifetime (in addition of complexity, normal or extended) is how the game limits you to 6 pages of 10 slots per creation type in the Adventure Editor. To smaller adventures this is no problem, but when doing massive, open-world adventures like Mundus, Motel of Melora, or the recent Those Who Remain from June this year, slots for things like buildings or creatures become quickly filled with things like NPCs, monsters or just simple gums that rely on creature AI to trigger specific things.

Earlier this year, however, Error/Metalblaze (one of the moderators in the Galactic Adventure Central discord server) did an astounding discovery regarding adventure slots: If you first opened a new adventure planet, then went to its terraforming editor and from there opened Sporepedia and edited an unrelated adventure, that latter adventure's asset slots would be wiped, but the creations themselves would still remain within the adventure itself.

This was an astounding discovery, because slots were something that people just couldn't find a way around to add more creations within their adventures for nearly a decade. Nevertheless, Error went on to use this glitch in many of his later adventures and shared it to the major Spore discord servers as well. You could now have an theoretically infinite amount of different creations within the adventure, and the only limits now would be the complexity meter and the game engine itself, being 32-bit as it is.

Here is an example of what Error/Metalblaze's open-world Those Who Remain adventure looks like with this mod. As you can see, he would've nearly filled these 6 new and expanded pages of buildings entirely, and he could've also used the slot stacker glitch as well to basically double the amount of building props within his adventure, for example. Yes, the slot stacker glitch should also be fully compatible with this mod, as the only thing it does is just double the amount of viewable props per page, which has been hard-coded to just six pages in total (per category).

SPECIAL THANKS
To Psi, who helped to let me know this kind of mod was possible, and also letting me know which pages to look at.

To ERROR!/Metalblaze, for discovering there was the possibility to add much more creations than just the 60 per category with his Slot Stacker glitch discovery.

And the people at the CRASH, GAC, Spore Modding Community and DarkEdgeTV discord servers, without whom this mod wouldn't have been possible. Thank you, to all of you! You really deserve the extension this mod gives to your slot capacity within the adventure editor!

ERROR!
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Re: Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread postby ERROR! » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 am

Oh shoot! This is incredible! I'm definitely gonna need this mod lol.

I-am-THEdragon
Private
Private

Re: Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am

I can definitely see this mod being useful to people whole like creating complex adventures. As I improve as a creator, I find some of my adventures becoming more and more complex too, and so I will definitely keep this mod handy for when I may need it in the future. :)

Sharples65
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Sharples65 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks for this :mrgreen:

Sporefanatic0
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Sporefanatic0 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Wow this is amazing!! :D Thank you!!
Serious Question: Is it possible to create a mod that lets us remove the limit of 8 acts per adventure?

Liskomato
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Liskomato » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Not sure, as it could've been hardcoded into the game itself. But, in theory it might be possible, if we were to remove the interface limitations related to it. As a matter of fact, we would need someone with enough expertise in Spore's modding tools for it to be even feasible, as we would have to mess with the related UI files themselves to forcefully "cram" more acts into it. And there's the fact of sharability, and if these extra-long adventures will even share to the Sporepedia. And even if they do, can players play them without the relevant mod? If these questions can be answered with yes, it would be amazing to every adventure creator in existence. That would also be our last limitation to crack, as the complexity, creation slot and crashing problems have all mostly been fixed already with mods and glitches available today.

Return to “Editor Mods”