New Plazas

Various editor modifications are found here.
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

New Plazas

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

I am not sure if there is already a mod that includes this content, but, here it goes regardless.

Do you want more placeable plaza road textures for the adventure editor? If not, you're probably going to be disappointed by this mod because that's pretty much what it provides. It's the New Plazas mod! I'd call that a bit of a misnomer though. None of the textures I used are actually new; I found them in the spore_graphics package. But hey, it's a little something extra to decorate the surface of your adventure planet with! And honestly, I found it a little unusual and disappointing that the city base textures from core Spore weren't available as placeable effects of any kind for GA, so I've included those.

Here's what you'll get:
  • Two religious city plazas
    Two economic city plazas
    Two military city plazas
    The space colony plaza
    The ruined colony plaza from the tutorial mission
    The Grox plaza
    Four tribal plazas
    Four city plazas I don't recognise
Spoiler
They look muddy at this size and distance, but they appear much nicer up close and scaled up.
But wait, there's more!
You also get nine tileable patterns. I don't know exactly what these were used for, but they were in the game files.
  • Three organic-looking designs
    Three strange semi-organic designs
    Three tech-ish designs
Spoiler
Note the transparency in parts of these designs. They will match the colour of the planet's surface.
These plazas can be scaled up much larger than the standard ones, so they should be suitable for building a regular-sized city onto. This is my first attempt at modding, so any feedback is appreciated, and do let me know if anything has gone wrong! And a big thank you to Rob55rod for helping me with making names visible for the brushes!

You can go ahead and download this mod here:
New Plazas

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: New Plazas

Unread post by Darhagonable »

I see you also found those unused textures :P
FYI the 6 city plazas you were unfamiliar with are:
religious city plazas small and large
economic city plazas small and large
military city plazas small and large
all of which are from the 2007 beta versions of spore and are left over.
I'm surprised you didn't find the Organic and Medieval styled city plazas that is left over from an even earlier version of spore beta :P.
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: New Plazas

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

Ah thanks for letting me know! I wonder why they were left in the game's files and not removed, hm. Well, all the better for us to find them, I suppose. And no, I don't recall coming across those plazas, I think. Unless you mean the pentagon shape with some vines underneath it? I did so a few like those, but left them out because they were very small, among other reasons.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”