AdventureProps v4 Released!

Various editor modifications are found here.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: AdventureProps is Here!

Unread post by Vallachan »

Some models were found in spore_game, in the folder ~animations, and some I used the model references from orbitspore. Also, the egg glitch is because v2 is not released yet. I think I will release it now.

Edit, the attachments still seem to be broken, ill upload it to media fire soon.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

double posting again, sorry, but v1.1 is out, since I haven't finished v2 yet or integrated the other props hacker80 made.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f5hukymq6mee0xx

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

In the Spore files named "Spore_Game", I found a folder called "city_decorations" which holds all the civil stage props and it shows a bunch of files which are mostly named. From observing it, some of the files WERE used in Galactic Adventures as the default objects you can use, but most of them are absent, and you might be putting some in this mod.

If you don't want to resort to digging it up for yourself due to time constraints, I'll upload it as an attachment (make sure you get WinRAR if you want to extract them, I could do it as a ZIP file but I find them to be unreliable since a majority of the ones I get are damaged).
Attachments
Props.rar
These files are props you can use to decorate your city in the Civil and Space Phase. Some of these would be great to put in this mod because most of the props are absent from the GA editor. however, some of them might be objects used in the citizen animation when they go on strike or they do it just for the heck of it.

There is another folder that contains some possible objects, but it's unlikely.
(9.2 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I've got 7zip. Also, I'll a look as soon as I get home.

EDIT: I've already investigated those civic props a while ago, and sadly, every single one that does not show up in the city decoration palette has had the corresponding models deleted by maxis, back when they were redoing the game. its like what they did with the flora editor.

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Aww... that's a shame. You mean those "models" I found are unused during development and the release of the full game, or those aren't objects, just a way to tell players what decoration is what?

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Those files are used as one part of the 2 part files that make up the city props, and they are not the models. I've found the other part of the files though, and all the ones not seen ingame have been deleted from those files. Since that part of the files said what the model was, I have no way of knowing when or if the models were deleted.

p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

camben wrote: Since that part of the files said what the model was, I have no way of knowing when or if the models were deleted.
My best guess would be that It was some of the untextured tribe objects that can be seen in the spore_graphics package. (Like that fishing pole stand, etc.)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Yea, the spore graphics package is great. Loads of stuff they didn't feel the need to put in the game, but they left it in anyway. :)

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Ah, so I basically found the code which tells the player what object is what, as it's a part of the UI code. Talk about embarrassing... :oops:

I did find something else though as I scanned through the other files with different contents, I recall that you said most of the items are extracted from the animations folder, so I went through the data again and found a bunch of stuff from the Graphics package.

I was supposed to give you these earlier today but I got distracted, since I felt it would be tedious to get them again in the original package file so I put the extracted files in multiple RAR files. It's gonna take a while for me to upload them because on how big they are and it's getting late in my local time. I think I'll update this post once everything is uploaded, but I'll give you what is up for now.

Files available as of this post:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6k1azxblu69ot6f
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pb42pmb8g27ccpq
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dgtr0i07odbp9cv
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2dyum1kftchjaz1
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ax3fzlw6r8zgbob
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1c5h61v65c57y61
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sksls2gllafek9m

Yes, all the files are now up! (I had to redo the first and second part since there were duplicates in my account for some reason.)
Last edited by GBAura on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I'll take a look at those files in the morning, and snip out some of the juicy bits to use for the mod. Also, I need to get the city walls and docks in for v2.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i tend to lose track following certain mods, but if you need with anything just ask.
i would love to put this in an upcoming update of DI.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

CamBen, I can't confirm this, but I believe the city walls are in there because that is where a majority of the props came from. Still, I'm not sure why a lot of people want the city walls. Maybe because they want to make cities but GA doesn't offer all the parts? Anyway, it'll be a cool feature to put it.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Prowowogress! made another prop. no clue what it is, but its pretty cool and it was found in the folders GBAura gave me. Thanks! ;)
space hub.png
space hub.png (102.2 KiB) Viewed 9499 times
EDIT: new prop, also from the folders. the props blend pretty well into the core GA game. (the new prop is the fencing)
Attachments
tribe.png

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

camben wrote:Prowowogress! made another prop. no clue what it is, but its pretty cool and it was found in the folders GBAura gave me. Thanks! ;)
space hub.png
EDIT: new prop, also from the folders. the props blend pretty well into the core GA game. (the new prop is the fencing)
Really nice, maybe use my mod to make the mod bigger (I stopped modding but sometimes I still give reactions, but sometimes :mrgreen: )
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

HACKER80 wrote:
camben wrote:Prowowogress! made another prop. no clue what it is, but its pretty cool and it was found in the folders GBAura gave me. Thanks! ;)
space hub.png
Really nice, maybe use my mod to make the mod bigger (I stopped modding but sometimes I still give reactions, but sometimes :mrgreen: )

lol will every post of yours contain some phrase of you not modding, you have stated to only quit for a week or so now....
lol, you are like the guy that quits smoking for a week and complains to smokers about doing it....
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Davo wrote:
HACKER80 wrote:
space hub.png

lol will every post of yours contain some phrase of you not modding, you have stated to only quit for a week or so now....
lol, you are like the guy that quits smoking for a week and complains to smokers about doing it....
Hahaha yes but this is the first mod in months that really interesting me.
Check this I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WqUNqx8Lg
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

camben wrote:Image

Its finally here! This new mod seems to have been a success, and I hope you enjoy. I don't think this has ever been done before, so enjoy the modding endeavor results.
The mod adds new props to the adventure editor, search for them under the static props category. (I know, the icons suck.) Here's a list of props:

Egg shell
Totem
Crashed spaceship
leg bone
teleport pad
Gate frame
Comet
Spaceship interior
turrets from all city types
purple fruit
Wooden mace (only usable with dark injection.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKYymHd ... e=youtu.be

Have fun with the mod!
Please comment and report bugs. This is a WIP, so feel free to suggest ideas about models you saw that you want in the adventure editor.

Credit to Davo and darkspore for the wooden mace model, and orbitspore for help with where to find some models.

Download is currently unavailable due to my slow Internet on davoonline, here is a mirror on sporebase:
http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.ph ... ttach=6153
Camben I can fix your graphics watch this:
Attachments
I have more :)
I have more :)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Nice! The only thing is the green tinting, is that because of the atmosphere color?

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

camben wrote:Nice! The only thing is the green tinting, is that because of the atmosphere color?
Yes I can make it more dark (also the other graphics) and check this I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJIQQW3QLc
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Also does somewane has skype or an other chat programm because sometimes you have to wait houres for a response and that's not really chill :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”