Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
zachyaboy
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by zachyaboy »

its-a-me-catboi wrote:So, after a loooong time of experiments, I successfully installed some mods (Dark Injection and Force Save). but for some reason it just does not want to work.
I have the Spore ModAPI Launcher pinned on my taskbar, and everytime I run it, this error message appears:
(If the Image didn't appear, the message is "Could not find default preferences. The data directory is missing or corrupt.".)
I tried going to the launcher's location in my files and run it from there, but it didn't work aswell. The game also doesn't even open if I run it from Origin!
Anyways, my laptop has 8GB RAM, 1TB of space in total(584GB free), and I had the Steam version of Spore, before getting the Origin Key and transfering it to Origin.
Please, help me, I was really excited to play Modded Spore, and I don't want to give up on trying to play it.
Edit: I forgot to mention, I have C&C, GA, and the newest version of Spore.
I have the same problem. help
karamba

Unread post by karamba »

Is there any way to fully Uninstall Spore ModAPI?
enigmu

Unread post by enigmu »

I have a problem with the spore modapi launcher kit. When I open the installer, I choose the "first time" option, choose the path, and click install. As it should be. I get the screen with "installing" for a moment, the bar stays empty, and then the window closes. Do you know what could be the cause of that?
_DuverZavr_

Unread post by _DuverZavr_ »

That is a problem in my PC or in Mod ip launcher? because i cant load creatures that made with mods like DI and other
This message appears when i run mod ip launcher
I use spore from GOG
i try to load creature by dragging it's png into folder with my creations but when i open spore with spore mod ip launcher it crashes
Attachments
Capture.PNG
100DayAria

Unread post by 100DayAria »

EDIT: fixed the problem by reinstalling the modapi

started up spore after a long time of not playing (mods still installed)

realized i wanted to reset my galaxy, closed the game & deleted game0 folder

now the modapi launcher isn't working :<

Karaio

Unread post by Karaio »

Hello There
I am having this issue with my steam spore, even thought i am using the ModAPI Launcher
I am having this issue with my steam spore, even thought i am using the ModAPI Launcher
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by rob55rod »

Karaio wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:10 amI am having this issue with my steam spore, even thought i am using the ModAPI Launcher
Easy fix: don't use Steam Spore. You can transfer your keys to Origin free of charge, just make sure to backup your creations and save data and then uninstall Steam Spore before you install Origin Spore.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SammyJammy
Recruit
Recruit

Unread post by SammyJammy »

I don't know why it is doing this, but it won't open the Easy Installer when I click on the shortcut. The modAPI itself runs perfectly fine, even though I'm on the steam version of Spore GA. I'm on the latest patch aswell.
I miss those thousands of spore creations I used to have..
ErCapoEschere

Unread post by ErCapoEschere »

rob55rod wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:15 pm
Karaio wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:10 amI am having this issue with my steam spore, even thought i am using the ModAPI Launcher
Easy fix: don't use Steam Spore. You can transfer your keys to Origin free of charge, just make sure to backup your creations and save data and then uninstall Steam Spore before you install Origin Spore.
i downloaded a pirated version of spore which gives the same error i can't use spores from steam can you please find a way to make it work

I ask for it on my knees
Rockclanhawkstar

Unread post by Rockclanhawkstar »

Uh hey I got a spot of trouble if you could please help.
So I had a graphics bug occur in my game, in which the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the game; I am have use the discs to play.
After I got everything back installed, the Api launcher has been having this issue, This error says "DetourTransactionCommit error"
And then whenever I got the game loading up it always says to use the Mod Api launcher even though I did use launch it from there.
Also sometime when booting up the game this sort of error occurs. And it told me to share it here. ^^'
https://imgur.com/a/cZ1sHtq
Oh and I also did try to reinstall the Mod api as well.
Thanks for looking at this ^^

Edit- Got it workings, forgot I need to reinstall the 5.1 patch TuT
ErCapoEschere

Unread post by ErCapoEschere »

Rockclanhawkstar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 pm Uh hey I got a spot of trouble if you could please help.
So I had a graphics bug occur in my game, in which the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the game; I am have use the discs to play.
After I got everything back installed, the Api launcher has been having this issue, This error says "DetourTransactionCommit error"
And then whenever I got the game loading up it always says to use the Mod Api launcher even though I did use launch it from there.
Also sometime when booting up the game this sort of error occurs. And it told me to share it here. ^^'
https://imgur.com/a/cZ1sHtq
Oh and I also did try to reinstall the Mod api as well.
Thanks for looking at this ^^

Edit- Got it workings, forgot I need to reinstall the 5.1 patch TuT

Same error bro
Nick_Nice

Unread post by Nick_Nice »

Hello. When launching (not a licensed game) it gives this error.
It started after several reinstallations of the launcher due to the fact that the DI mod did not see it initially. installed a different version of the game with all the add-ons and put the launcher on it.
He also gave a mod installation error before, but the last time I installed it without them, I tried to reinstall it and I could not find a solution. Thanks in advance for your answer

(I apologize if you didn't quite understand something, I used a translator)
Attachments
Безымянный1.png
Безымянный1.png (2.77 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
Безымянный.png
ParExcellenceAutarch

Unread post by ParExcellenceAutarch »

I have the Origin version installed and when I updated the ModAPI launcher it now shows me the "Open with Spore ModAPI launcher" even though I am opening it with that exact thing, I've tried multiple things such as updating spore, reinstalling ModAPI, etc. it also wont show me where the exe files are when it downloads, I have no antivirus that deletes it, I also downloaded it from the regular site, I also visual studio as I was recommended it and it still doesn't work, little help please?

EDIT: While I got no help, I fixed it myself with multiple tries in the process, I eventually found out you can fix it by going to the original location of the ModAPI folder, deleting it, including deleting the launchers, deleting all mods you downloaded using it, restarted my device, and then it worked, now I just have to worry of another problem which is just not being able to name creations, I got no help for it but at least my self esteem went up as I managed to fix it myself.
DarkSporer

Unread post by DarkSporer »

Hello, I have a problem with ModApi, it asked me to choose what is my game, disk, Steam or Origin
I chose Steam (which also went with GoG Games) and the game opens, does not even show the intro and closes. try uninstalling ModApi several times and it doesn't work. Help me Rob55Rod The dark injection is very complex

I get :cc: :rp: :patch1.5: :ga: :spore:
xcom2lord383

Unread post by xcom2lord383 »

for some reason it keeps saying to close spore before i open it but my spore was closed the whole time.
(i am using a version of spore from steamunlocked)
Jackthemessup

Unread post by Jackthemessup »

Hi, I tried to use the ModAPI installer to install dark injection in most/all except one DI part are invisible. I read through the FAQ and it told me to come here for help. I might be being dumb with this since I'm used to installing the mods manually on other computers and have done fine with it (The ModAPI installer didn't work with my older computer since it was too old to run a lot of programs, since it was from 2010)
I'm guessing there's an easy fix to this and I'm not thinking of it. Thanks for the help in advance :)
DeLucifer

Unread post by DeLucifer »

can anyone help me with this kinda problem :

when i open the launcher the game star but ask me to "please close spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPILauncher. if you are already using he Spore ModAPILauncher, seek assistance on DavoOnline"

anny idea bout how to fix this?
Attachments
Screenshot (33).png
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by rob55rod »

Jackthemessup wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 am Hi, I tried to use the ModAPI installer to install dark injection in most/all except one DI part are invisible. I read through the FAQ and it told me to come here for help. I might be being dumb with this since I'm used to installing the mods manually on other computers and have done fine with it (The ModAPI installer didn't work with my older computer since it was too old to run a lot of programs, since it was from 2010)
I'm guessing there's an easy fix to this and I'm not thinking of it. Thanks for the help in advance :)
Nothing about the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit requires a computer from after 2010...something else must've been amiss. In any case though, sounds like it's a moot point now, so...

Where did you buy and install Spore from? And have you ever previously installed it from any other sources?

DeLucifer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:34 pmwhen i open the launcher the game star but ask me to "please close spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPILauncher. if you are already using he Spore ModAPILauncher, seek assistance on DavoOnline"
Where did you buy and install Spore from?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Nihil

Unread post by Nihil »

MODERATOR EDIT: While clearly well-meaning, the following steps do not resolve the problem they aim to address, and may in fact worsen the effects of the problem itself. Read further at your own peril.
Spoiler
Hello, I literally registered to provide hope for steam users with my convoluted, works most of the time (for now), solution that may be helpful to some:

WARNING: This, as stated later, can and possibly will cause instabilities (meaning mods not loading properly and thus saves becoming corrupted or worse), if not now maybe later. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
  • Have task manager open. Very unnecessary once you have it down.
  • Launch the ModAPI launcher exe twice (give a half second pause between them) and select no to update on both.
  • If this fails kill the game task and repeat (look in services as well, you want ALL game and mod API services killed if failure happens)
  • You will hit a sweat spot where the game just works and launches.
AGAIN: This, as stated later, can and possibly will cause instabilities, if not now maybe later. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Last edited by Nihil on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
umitrix

Unread post by umitrix »

I am getting this error nativecode: 2 and the following
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
I'm using an unlicensed version of the game

Return to “Tools & Patches”