Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
iShine
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by iShine »

rob55rod wrote:
iShine wrote:I've never installed spore on this machine before, and it's all being downloaded through Origin. I don't even have a disc drive anymore. I can try uninstalling everything and installing it to the default path on C if you think it might work, but I'd prefer to keep it on D if I can.
That...certainly shouldn't be necessary...I mean, for Spore in general it'd be a good idea, but that shouldn't affect this specifically...might be worth a shot regardless, but backup your creations and save data before doing so.
Alright, brief update and small success maybe?

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it to the default paths in C. Now when I go to use the launcher it pulls up the spore game window, shows me a black screen, and crashes. I don't get any error messages.

EDIT::

Oh actually it's working fine now. Just needed a minute to rest I guess.

Well sweet, thanks for your help!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

iShine wrote:Alright, brief update and small success maybe?

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it to the default paths in C. Now when I go to use the launcher it pulls up the spore game window, shows me a black screen, and crashes. I don't get any error messages.

EDIT::

Oh actually it's working fine now. Just needed a minute to rest I guess.

Well sweet, thanks for your help!
Nice...strange, but hey, I'm glad the problem is resolved now.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
kreekgod
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kreekgod »

so i seem to be having trouble getting this ModAPI to work
i first started trying it on steam, then at the advice of the api downloader page, transfered my keys to origin and installed there

on steam when i would use the launcher, i got an error and then the game started
now on origin when i use the launcher, i get an error, and then some kind of SporeApp_ModAPIFix.exe program activates and remains suspended in the background of my system, preventing the launcher from trying to start again, until such time as i force end the task because it thinks the game is running

attached is the error im getting, i could use some help here
sporemodapierror.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

kreekgod wrote:-snip-
...well that's odd...stupid as this may sound, try restarting your computer. Let me know if that does anything useful.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
kreekgod
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
kreekgod wrote:-snip-
...well that's odd...stupid as this may sound, try restarting your computer. Let me know if that does anything useful.
do you really think i didn't try that?

no change to my problems :?
kreekgod
Hatchling
Hatchling

so i made some headway, when i first started the mod api, it asked me to update it, i natrually did

i just deleted my copy of it and reinstalled from the download file on pg 1

now every time i use it, it asks me to update it, BUT if i dont, then the game starts up, and no errors
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

kreekgod wrote:do you really think i didn't try that?

no change to my problems :?
No, but I wasn't sure you had tried it, either. No need to be rude about it. Sorry that didn't help.
kreekgod wrote:so i made some headway, when i first started the mod api, it asked me to update it, i natrually did

i just deleted my copy of it and reinstalled from the download file on pg 1

now every time i use it, it asks me to update it, BUT if i dont, then the game starts up, and no errors
Alright, well that's not going to work, given the growing number of mods which require a newer version than the on you're presently trapped on.

Say...do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort? And if so, which one?

MillonS
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MillonS »

Ok so when trying to start the launcher I get this error message.
missing dll.png

I have spore and all expansions installed through Origin on windows 10, and I installed only titan spore so far also through the easy installer. The installation of Dark Injection also fails which could be related, although that's just a guess.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MillonS wrote:Ok so when trying to start the launcher I get this error message.
missing dll.png
I have spore and all expansions installed through Origin on windows 10, and I installed only titan spore so far also through the easy installer. The installation of Dark Injection also fails which could be related, although that's just a guess.
Use the setup program to """""upgrade""""" your existing Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, then let it update and run as normal.

GabrieleTheMan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GabrieleTheMan »

rob55rod wrote:
GabrieleTheMan wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Alright...are you seeing any error messages? And if so, can you please provide screenshots of them?
Also, can both of you please tell me where you bought and installed Spore from? (e.g. Origin, Steam, GOG, physical disks)
I play the game from Steam, i can't unistall the Mods and even play even if i launch from the launcher! :(
Oh, you're using Steam Spore? That would probably explain why this is happening. Fortunately, in most cases, Steam users can obtain the Origin version of Spore, free of charge, by transferring the Steam keys to Origin. Mind you, you may have to contact EA support to do this. Once you've done so, just backup your creations and save data, uninstall the Steam version of Spore, and then install the Origin version of Spore. You'll likely need to re-install your mods after doing so, mind you.
Hopefully some weeks ago i tried to reinstall and now i can play Spore! I just had to reinstall Dark Injections Mod! :)
Hello everybody and welcome to my DavoOnline.com Forum Account!

Youtueb Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOScsP ... sK7PrkyqHA
Chadzix10
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Chadzix10 »

Hi i can't Play Dark Injection because i have a problem with spore ModApi Launcher every time i open Spore with ModApi Launcher i have a information i must close and open Spore With ModAPI Pls Help
Kostas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kostas »

I have the GOG Version, i can do asymmetrical parts but always i try to open the mod api it says i don't have the correct version, if i try to open the game it says to open with the ModAPI, any help? (Sorry if i made some errors, english isn't my main language)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kostas wrote:I have the GOG Version, i can do asymmetrical parts but always i try to open the mod api it says i don't have the correct version, if i try to open the game it says to open with the ModAPI, any help? (Sorry if i made some errors, english isn't my main language)
Yeah, the error you get when running the Spore ModAPI Launcher is correct. You need the March 2017 patch.

EmannRC2002
Cell
Cell

Unread post by EmannRC2002 »

I have a problem, when I need to open a spore I get an update available, I put ok and nothing happens ... HELP
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

michi wrote:I have a problem, when I need to open a spore I get an update available, I put ok and nothing happens ... HELP
What version of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit are you currently using?

EmannRC2002
Cell
Cell

I have version 1.0.0.0
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

michi wrote:I have version 1.0.0.0
...version 1.0.0.0 didn't even have automatic update support, that can't be right. Open the Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller, and read the version number in the bottom-left corner. That's the version you have, and the version I'm asking for.

EmannRC2002
Cell
Cell

i Checked well and it tells me it is version 1.1.0.39
Satannabis
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Satannabis »

Hello, I've been having major issues with the ModAPI and trying to run Adventures on Space Stage. (Origin btw)

Basically, every time I load a save it asks me to name my captain again, if I look at the timeline and hover over my captain it says "Unknown Captain" with a string of code or something, and when i go to the first mission world and try to zoom in the game crashes when loading up the page that lets you beam down. It's very consistent. The only thing I use the ModAPI for is SnekyGraphics, but i also run the shiny tweak and at 60fps. If I run spore without SnekyGraphics but still through the API, the game crashes. But when I run it without the API at all, I name my captain and the name appears in the timeline, and then I can enter the Adventure world.

I've uninstalled and deleted everything multiple times, went into appdata and programdata to remove all traces of the modapi, but when i install it all again it keeps happening. Currently using ModAPI version 1.2.0.11, spore is on the assymmetry patch, I obviously have GA and C&C.

Please help, it kills me to think I fixed this, get through all the stages and crash on the first mission, i just want my game to be pretty
Caution404
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Caution404 »

Hi there. Im having an issue playing spore. I have it on Origin with GA and i have installed API and Dark Injection was installed through that fine. However when ever i go to run the game through Api i get the following error.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/pp106/

i have tried to restart my computer to see if that works as you have mentioned it with a few others. I have only Downloaded the most recent spore and API in the last few days. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”