Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
bread
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by bread »

Thank ya very much, you have been an awesome help!

Toxxicvomit
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Toxxicvomit »

Not sure if this has been asked before, but would you consider making a version for Mac? I have all the Spore expansions and game on my mac done through CDs. I can still mod the game but I am unable to use updated mods now that they require this ModAPI.

I am fine with the older version of Dark injections but it would be nice to get the updated ones for all the new stuff aha.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

bread wrote:Thank ya very much, you have been an awesome help!
No problem, sorry for the...stupidity, lol.

Toxxicvomit wrote:Not sure if this has been asked before, but would you consider making a version for Mac? I have all the Spore expansions and game on my mac done through CDs. I can still mod the game but I am unable to use updated mods now that they require this ModAPI.

I am fine with the older version of Dark injections but it would be nice to get the updated ones for all the new stuff aha.
I've had a few requests before, yes. The idea of a macOS "version" of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit doesn't make any sense, as Spore itself on macOS is nothing more than the Windows version of the game running in Cider, an ancient proprietary fork of WINE aimed at commercial game developers. My plan was, loosely speaking, to follow Maxis's example.
At first glance, the task didn't look impossible, only excruciatingly painful. That was, until Apple announced that they were finally nuking all 32-bit software on their platform, meaning that both Spore and Cider won't work on macOS anymore, thus any efforts on my part would be in vain. So no, I no longer have any plans to bring the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to macOS. I doubt I could even pull it off before it's too late. Sorry.

On the flipside, so far, things are looking a lot more optimistic for a similar approach on Linux (though again, no promises). Virtualization does exist, so if all goes according to plan, you may not be as dead in the water as you may think.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GruesomeBeauty
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by GruesomeBeauty »

Hello! I've been getting a consistent error log and it told me to submit here. It worked very smoothly the first time i used the API launcher and Dark Injections, but after i changed the darkspore UI sounds back to vanilla spore's UI sounds, it won't boot. not even uninstalling, reinstalling or restarting my computer fixed the error.
Could someone help me?
Attachments
Error.png
Darknoss
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Darknoss »

I dont know id only me. But i installed Spore and Spore GA in my PC using the disc and i have Windows 8.1. I downloaded the Spore ModAPI and first appear the windosw sayins was an error and can probably dont load the mods, then the game open and effectively the mods dont appear. Even said the mod was installer correctly. Is this have a solution?
Sketchbli
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Sketchbli »

I am having issues downloading the ModAPI. Whenever I attempt to run the installation program, it seems to delete itself for whatever reason. I have checked my files and it just seems to disappear.
Attachments
spore issue.PNG
spore issue.PNG (3.6 KiB) Viewed 6416 times
hyaeni
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by hyaeni »

Hi, after launch I ran into an error.
error.png
Said to post here, so I did.
hyaeni
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by hyaeni »

Fixed, maybe! All I had to do was reset steam, as GA Spore was mysteriously running in the background somewhere. As for why that is, I have no idea. Sorry for double posting.
account1
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by account1 »

So.. Uhm.. There is something wrong with my ModAPI launcher.. It doesn't open the game and shows a bunch of error messages.. Can you help me? And I don't know how to take screenshots..
kyle998
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kyle998 »

Help

Edit: nvm i restarted and it somehow magically f**king worked
Attachments
problem
problem
Last edited by kyle998 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agudecualaz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Agudecualaz »

Help me! I am using mods for the first time, I have everything that is needed to install mods, I installed the :di: mod step by step and when I open the launcher, the vanilla game opens, it gives me only one option to exit and says "ModAPI launcher not detected: Please close and reopen it throught the Spore ModAPI Launcher "but I ope ned it in the launcher, I tried everything but nothing worked. If you can't fix my problem, I give up
Pollastre
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Pollastre »

Whenever I launch dark injection with it, I get an error message saying "Configuration Script Failed. {2000] What can I do to fix this?
Saltyhardware
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Saltyhardware »

I'm getting an error with this message attached to it. Really bummed out
Capture.PNG
Mysfern
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mysfern »

Hello! I have problems, even having installed the program, says that Spore ModAPI was not detected and so I can not play.
Attachments
SOCORO.PNG
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mysfern wrote:Hello! I have problems, even having installed the program, says that Spore ModAPI was not detected and so I can not play.
Having the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit installed isn't enough. You have to actually run the Spore ModAPI Launcher instead of opening the game directly.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Mysfern
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mysfern »

Having the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit installed isn't enough. You have to actually run the Spore ModAPI Launcher instead of opening the game directly.[/quote] I already tried it and showed the same message.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mysfern wrote:
Mysfern wrote:Having the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit installed isn't enough. You have to actually run the Spore ModAPI Launcher instead of opening the game directly.
I already tried it and showed the same message.
...where did you install Spore from? Origin? Steam? GOG? Disks?

ALEX007
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ALEX007 »

Hello! I have a problem, namely when running MOD API Launcher there are a number of errors... I installed the spore dark injection mod :di: on the spore collection. About patch 1.5 :patch1.5: , I'm sure it is present, I don't know what to do, tried to install another version, the full version of SPORE, but it had no asymmetry with version 1.5 :patch1.5: .... I tried to fix it, but it didn't work... Patches not has been going... I'm sure it's not about the game... it's either in the MOD API, or on my PC, something is wrong ... Help to understand what is the matter. I'd be very grateful.
Attachments
2019-08-08_07-58-33.png
2019-08-08_07-58-15.png
2019-08-08_07-57-14.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ALEX007 wrote:Hello! I have a problem, namely when running MOD API Launcher there are a number of errors... I installed the spore dark injection mod :di: on the spore collection. About patch 1.5 :patch1.5: , I'm sure it is present, I don't know what to do, tried to install another version, the full version of SPORE, but it had no asymmetry with version 1.5 :patch1.5: .... I tried to fix it, but it didn't work... Patches not has been going... I'm sure it's not about the game... it's either in the MOD API, or on my PC, something is wrong ... Help to understand what is the matter. I'd be very grateful.
Where did you buy and install Spore from? GOG? Steam? Origin? Disks?

ALEX007
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ALEX007 »

I downloaded the Repack SPORE COLLECTION... If you need a specific link here: MODERATOR EDIT: Removed illegal content
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”