Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
snozzzz
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by snozzzz »

rob55rod wrote: ...that folder should not be that close to empty. You're missing a portion of the game itself. At this point I can't imagine how the game wouldn't crash.

Did you...delete all of the files in that folder, or move them all to another location, or something of the sort?
no? thats just how it looks. do you have any of the files that should be in there?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

snozzzz wrote:no? thats just how it looks.
Okay, well clearly someone moved them out of there or deleted them or something...guess it must've been whoever else you share that computer with or something.
snozzzz wrote:do you have any of the files that should be in there?
Yes, as does every other Spore player who has Galactic Adventures. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall GA to recover them. Be sure to backup your creations and save data before doing so. Let me know if you run into any further roadblocks along the way.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
AltairBlueStar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AltairBlueStar »

Hello, I need help. I try to open spore through the ModAPI but then it tells me to open it through the API. so please help
rampage-1001
Cell
Cell

Unread post by rampage-1001 »

Does anyone know if Dark Injection can be installed without ModAPI?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

AltairBlueStar wrote:Hello, I need help. I try to open spore through the ModAPI but then it tells me to open it through the API. so please help
Where did you install Spore from? Steam? Disks? GOG? Origin?
And do any other error messages appear prior?

rampage-1001 wrote:Does anyone know if Dark Injection can be installed without ModAPI?
No, Dark Injection requires the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to install and to play. Why do you ask?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Mozy123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mozy123 »

When i load up the game through the launcher it tells me that i need to load the game through launcher and that if i am i need to seek help. what do i do.
Ducknken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ducknken »

So i installed the steam version both spore and spore ge. Buy when I try to open the modapi luncher it just say run time error r6034 and could not open it. the only mod currently installed is 2019dl

ps. open directly from steam spore act normal but when try open spore galaxy it say open from the modapi luncher
Hekatonkheires
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hekatonkheires »

So this is about Spore ModAPI application I had a problem and still have it I downloaded Spore Collection GoG And I opened Spore with ModAPI Launcher it opened it but in the game it says ModAPI Launcher not detected what do I need to do?
Hekatonkheires
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hekatonkheires »

So this is about Spore ModAPI application I had a problem and still have it I downloaded Spore Collection GoG And I opened Spore with ModAPI Launcher it opened it but in the game it says ModAPI Launcher not detected what do I need to do?
JuliusCaesar69
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by JuliusCaesar69 »

I'm trying to install Universal Property Replacement and Infinite Colors Mod, but the installer isn't detecting them. They are definitely .sporemod files.
The installer shows nothing in the folder with the mods in them even though they are clearly there
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

JuliusCaesar69 wrote:I'm trying to install Universal Property Replacement and Infinite Colors Mod, but the installer isn't detecting them. They are definitely .sporemod files.
The installer shows nothing in the folder with the mods in them even though they are clearly there
What folder are we talking about, exactly? And could you provide a screenshot of the problem, in addition to the complete path to the affected folder?

JuliusCaesar69
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by JuliusCaesar69 »

I'm using a folder within my documents folder to store the mods before I install them.
I don't know how to post screenshots here, but I can give you the path C:\Users\user\Documents\spore mods
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

JuliusCaesar69 wrote:I don't know how to post screenshots here
Just upload the image to a site like imgur and then add the URL to a post here.

Jarlbold
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Jarlbold »

So for my spore hasn't been working as of late, and just now Spore ModAPI gave me this meesage and told me to post it, or I just misread it and got the wrong URL

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Jarlbold wrote:So for my spore hasn't been working as of late, and just now Spore ModAPI gave me this meesage and told me to post it, or I just misread it and got the wrong URL
No, you've come to the right place.

Unfortunately, I don't have a particularly good fix for your issue. The closest I can offer is to recommend that you backup your creations and save data, transfer your Steam Spore keys to Origin, and then if that succeeds, uninstall the Steam version of Spore, and install the Origin version of Spore in its place.

Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Hexdragon »

Is there a way to set Launch options (Command line arguments)?
DiloVortexx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DiloVortexx »

alright so i was trying to make an adventure using modded creations for personal use and i wanted to edit a creation to give it more abilities but as i tried to save it the game crashed so i had to reboot

upon trying to reboot the game via the modapi i suddenly got these errors and im a bit nervous that something got corrupted
my pc isnt that powerful with most games (the exceptions being older games like spore, rct2/3, zt1/2 etc.) so that might be one reason this happened
(i was gonna uninstall some mods anyway)

i use gog/origin spore btw

EDIT 12-17-19: oh yea i forgot i did that- im gonna have to reinstall spore bc its glitched bc i have two versions of spore installed (thanks older ex friend for making me think that was a good idea :roll:) ill edit the post once ive reinstalled spore and test some mods
im only gonna use gog version from now on bc me no like origin
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hexdragon wrote:Is there a way to set Launch options (Command line arguments)?
Yes - any command line options passed to the Spore ModAPI Launcher will be passed through to Spore itself.
DiloVortexx wrote:EDIT 12-17-19: oh yea i forgot i did that- im gonna have to reinstall spore bc its glitched bc i have two versions of spore installed (thanks older ex friend for making me think that was a good idea :roll:) ill edit the post once ive reinstalled spore and test some mods
im only gonna use gog version from now on bc me no like origin
Good call. That will most likely resolve the problem described earlier in your post.

Hightlyze
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Hightlyze »

hey i have the same issue
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hightlyze wrote:hey i have the same issue
You didn't need to create a separate thread and post about it here...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”