Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
iv5an
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by iv5an »

How you find bosterpack1

iv5an
Cell
Cell

Unread post by iv5an »

thanks bro
405usernotallowed
Hatchling
Hatchling

Error box report

Unread post by 405usernotallowed »

Was told to report this error message after game crashed. Game crashed after editing the sporebuild version of the Grox and moving the mechanical hands and feet.

https://imgur.com/a/JZe48Ea
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Error box report

Unread post by rob55rod »

405usernotallowed wrote:Was told to report this error message after game crashed. Game crashed after editing the sporebuild version of the Grox and moving the mechanical hands and feet.
When did this error message appear?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

Is there any fix for that splitwirez folder error ? (Pls bell, more than a month suffering with that)
405usernotallowed
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Error box report

Unread post by 405usernotallowed »

rob55rod wrote: When did this error message appear?
Directly after trying to move the hands off of a PNG version of the grox, with the developer asymetery. Moved it about one centimeter away from the original location, then it sort of froze, closed, and showed this message.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:Is there any fix for that splitwirez folder error ? (Pls bell, more than a month suffering with that)
It's not a "Splitwirez folder" error, that's just information regarding where in the source code (which FYI is on my computer) the problem occurred.
That aside, your question has been addressed several times already, has it not?

405usernotallowed wrote:
rob55rod wrote: When did this error message appear?
Directly after trying to move the hands off of a PNG version of the grox, with the developer asymetery. Moved it about one centimeter away from the original location, then it sort of froze, closed, and showed this message.
Okay, I have no idea how that error could have possibly appeared at that point, bar perhaps it appeared before the game started but was covered by the game window until after the crash...but in any case, the problem you describe has nothing to do with the Spore ModAPI.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:Is there any fix for that splitwirez folder error ? (Pls bell, more than a month suffering with that)
It's not a "Splitwirez folder" error, that's just information regarding where in the source code (which FYI is on my computer) the problem occurred.
That aside, your question has been addressed several times already, has it not?
No, IDK how to fix it .-. i mean how can i play with DI?
what do i have to do?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:No, IDK how to fix it .-. i mean how can i play with DI?
what do i have to do?
Scrolling up...I think I may have confused your post with another. I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.

So...tell me a few things...
1. Do you know the path to the folder you installed the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to? If so, where?
2. Do you know the path to the folder where you installed Spore and GA to? If so, where?

Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:No, IDK how to fix it .-. i mean how can i play with DI?
what do i have to do?
Scrolling up...I think I may have confused your post with another. I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.

So...tell me a few things...
1. Do you know the path to the folder you installed the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to? If so, where?
2. Do you know the path to the folder where you installed Spore and GA to? If so, where?
IT installed automatically in C://programdata/SporemodAPI

And my spore is installed in C://Program Files/Spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:And my spore is installed in C://Program Files/Spore
Uhhhh...are you sure about that? Last I checked, it wasn't possible to install the game from a disk to a path like that...

MewtwoFanz
Creature
Creature

Unread post by MewtwoFanz »

Hi, I'm having a problem with the ModAPI Launcher, too. When I open Spore normally (I use Origin), it loads perfectly fine, and even Dark Injections is working. However, when I run it through the ModAPI Launcher, it opens, and almost immediately stops responding. I went into my task manager, and it says Spore Galactic Adventures is not responding. The main reason I need it to work is because I want Enhanced color picker and Infinite scaling mods to work. and, another thing: when I try to run it with the launcher, it opens a different spore galactic adventures window with a different icon than my normal spore galactic adventures window. can anyone help me?
:di:
"Watashi wa Dare da?"
~Mewtwo, from
Mewtwo's Counterattack (Mewtwo Stikes Back, Japanese Ver.)

My Spore Username is: MewtwoAmberLove1
Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Uhhhh...are you sure about that? Last I checked, it wasn't possible to install the game from a disk to a path like that...
Sry C:/games/spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Okay seriously, how do you keep coming up with these weird paths? I could've sworn the disk versions' installers wouldn't even accept a path like that...

...this isn't some bootleg disk or something, is it?

Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Uhhhh...are you sure about that? Last I checked, it wasn't possible to install the game from a disk to a path like that...
Okay seriously, how do you keep coming up with these weird paths? I could've sworn the disk versions' installers wouldn't even accept a path like that...

...this isn't some bootleg disk or something, is it?
It was a collection pack , idk the game installed automatically in that path...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:It was a collection pack , idk the game installed automatically in that path...
Looked around online, couldn't find any indication of such a thing existing...where did you buy this disk?

Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:It was a collection pack , idk the game installed automatically in that path...
Looked around online, couldn't find any indication of such a thing existing...where did you buy this disk?
I am venezuelan so... use your imagination a little (?)
sry 4 bother this much .-. (there´s any way to fix it?)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Risis4 wrote:I am venezuelan so... use your imagination a little (?)
I'm not sure what being Venezuelan has to do with anything, but you've given me ample reason to believe you may (unintentionally, and perhaps even unknowingly) be using a cracked version of Spore, possibly one sold to you without your knowledge. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of such a thing happening. And now you're dodging my questions, which I am asking in order to determine whether or not I can help you. Can you really blame me for suspecting that that disk may not be what it seems?

Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:I am venezuelan so... use your imagination a little (?)
I'm not sure what being Venezuelan has to do with anything, but you've given me ample reason to believe you may (unintentionally, and perhaps even unknowingly) be using a cracked version of Spore, possibly one sold to you without your knowledge. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of such a thing happening. And now you're dodging my questions, which I am asking in order to determine whether or not I can help you. Can you really blame me for suspecting that that disk may not be what it seems?
and if it is what it seems, there´s a way to play it with DI?
sashimininja
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by sashimininja »

I'm running the steam version, and decided to download a few mods and things. I'm getting a whole host of errors popping up when I attempt running the API. They pop up after each 'ok' Maybe this'll help you. The API is running from my C drive and steam is installed on my E drive. I have a few other games that run modding APIs and I don't have this issue.

(Image links)
https://gyazo.com/cc4943248c69b8250e697a23c348307f
https://gyazo.com/74f6a2d5e1cb306f3fea4885ff985a54
https://gyazo.com/d7e152ccbd38bb77827958ce5cd96edd
https://gyazo.com/37c33729839ac2bab7776a4899e47768

Any ideas? I'm not sure why it'd pitch a fit over this particular API.

**EDIT**
Crap. I found a similar issue in another section of the forum after hours of hunting. viewtopic.php?f=174&t=8632
The thought of downloading Spore again on this terrible rural connection is not fun. :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”