SporeModder - Animated parts, custom effects, skinpaints and much more!

Download tools and get the latest patches.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Re: SporeModder - The new Spore modding tool!! [WIP]

Unread post by Shattered »

rob55rod wrote:
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:This looks neat! So can we export creations from Spore without resorting to Colladaexport (which requires version 1.5.1.00 which I currently cannot get without it bugging out my game to the point of no enjoyment)? If that's true, this tool would work wonders if I can wrangle creatures into something like Garry's Mod. :)

Are there going to be any tutorials on how to use this thing? I'd like to enter Spore Modding, it doesn't sound too much out of my game, as I've modded things like Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii before, but I do love some guidance since .package files are new territory for me.
Technically SporeMaster and SpView can already be used to import creations into a 3D Modeling tool, but SporeModder will be less of a hassle to use for this porpose.

If all else fails, I plan to write a few tutorials, in the hopes of reducing the odds of aspiring developers being discouraged early on by the confusing, counterintuitive process. It gets easier with practice...and with SporeModder :lol:

Now, as for your mention of porting Spore Creatures to the Source engine...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqZsqWBKP0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm29T7cqlwI[/youtube]
Sorry, I just had to :lol:

You don't happen to have spent any effort modding...Super Mario Galaxy 2, have you? *Blankly staring at the pathetically low odds of meeting a fellow SMG2 hacker in a context of Spore*

WHAT THE... How did you put a spore creature into TF2 like that?

Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

GalacticSheldon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:This looks neat! So can we export creations from Spore without resorting to Colladaexport (which requires version 1.5.1.00 which I currently cannot get without it bugging out my game to the point of no enjoyment)? If that's true, this tool would work wonders if I can wrangle creatures into something like Garry's Mod. :)

Are there going to be any tutorials on how to use this thing? I'd like to enter Spore Modding, it doesn't sound too much out of my game, as I've modded things like Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii before, but I do love some guidance since .package files are new territory for me.
Technically SporeMaster and SpView can already be used to import creations into a 3D Modeling tool, but SporeModder will be less of a hassle to use for this porpose.

If all else fails, I plan to write a few tutorials, in the hopes of reducing the odds of aspiring developers being discouraged early on by the confusing, counterintuitive process. It gets easier with practice...and with SporeModder :lol:

You don't happen to have spent any effort modding...Super Mario Galaxy 2, have you? *Blankly staring at the pathetically low odds of meeting a fellow SMG2 hacker in a context of Spore*

WHAT THE... How did you put a spore creature into TF2 like that?
Colladaexport + a few too many hours spent messing around in Blender + Blender Source Tools + CrowBar = The answer to your question :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

rob55rod wrote: Technically SporeMaster and SpView can already be used to import creations into a 3D Modeling tool, but SporeModder will be less of a hassle to use for this porpose.

I don't mod Super Mario Galaxy 2. :/ It feels like every game is a new language to learn, so getting into them is hard. I don't even know programming; I just follow tutorials by other people. :oops: Especially the console ones. I'm not that interested in modding Galaxy 2 UNLESS you can replace enemies and stuff with Spore creatures and hack the music! :lol:

Oh, those look hilarious, lol! Creatures from an all-you-can-create game into another all-you-can-create game (and Team Fortress 2)! My intention was to turn my old favorite creatures into ragdolls (even the crappy earlier creations) and pose them (and my Spore Mario creatures) next to the "original" Mario ragdolls. Yes, I have talent to create functional ragdolls with face-posing and fingerposing and all. But Spore Creatures would also be perfect for Left 4 Dead 2, where I will probably have no problem to port into either.

Just imagine all those props and ragdolls and NPCs and player models I can wrangle from Spore to Garry's Mod. *drools*

And if SporeModder makes it so much easier, then count me in the hype train.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizjNfn7W2Q[/youtube]

That's one of the reasons it's easier. It can also import other things than just creatures. In fact, for creatures it's better to use colladaexport, as it exports the skeleton too.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizjNfn7W2Q[/youtube]

That's one of the reasons it's easier. It can also import other things than just creatures. In fact, for creatures it's better to use colladaexport, as it exports the skeleton too.
But MarioBabyLuigi can't use colladaexport, because he can't get patch 5.1 without messing up his game .-.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

I just want the mesh, though. It's no problem if I have to create bones and rig those.

Also, a long time ago, when I *could* use colladaexport, importing creatures crashed my 3DS max, so I had to open Blender and remove the bones and then reimport them to 3DS Max.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

I really hate asking this, but I feel I need to for this one:
Is there an ETA on this?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The first ETA I gave was for before 2015, and that time I didn't evne have half of the program done xD
I don't evem know if it will be ready before 2016....
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:The first ETA I gave was for before 2015, and that time I didn't evne have half of the program done xD
Ok, thanks
Also, it seems like most of the features are for part making, is that all it can do? (Don't mean to make it sound not awesome, I just don't know a better way to phrase that>)
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

grandrice wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:The first ETA I gave was for before 2015, and that time I didn't evne have half of the program done xD
Ok, thanks
Also, it seems like most of the features are for part making, is that all it can do? (Don't mean to make it sound not awesome, I just don't know a better way to phrase that>)
Because content is the only thing we can really modifiy.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:
grandrice wrote:
Ok, thanks
Because content is the only thing we can really modifiy.
I know, but what about other content modification, like space tools, and other things that can be changed in sporemaster. Will this be a parts only modder, or would it be like an updated sporemaster, with a more user friendly UI
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:-SNIP DAMMIT-
The latter. There is functionality for stuff beyond parts planned, but (AFAIK) work on that hasn't started yet.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Effect editor on the way!!

Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

Could you release a beta of the modding tool soon? :D
Mitchz95
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mitchz95 »

Will this work on Macs?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

I'm not sure. It's written in Java, which is multiplatform, so, it should.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

I just wonder some what this modder will contain...

what I know is that you will easy put models in to the mods?
I guess spore modder will be able to do the same things as sporemaster?
will you be able to view dds files in the program and also do not need to open it in any editor before put it in the mod?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Darhagonable wrote:I just wonder some what this modder will contain...

what I know is that you will easy put models in to the mods?
I guess spore modder will be able to do the same things as sporemaster?
will you be able to view dds files in the program and also do not need to open it in any editor before put it in the mod?
It can do what SporeMaster can do, but also more thinks (it wouldn't make sense otherwise xD), for example:
- More flexibilty when exporting models, which is made using an addon for Blender (which is faster and supports the latest version of Blender)
- Being able to import rw4, gmdl and gmsh models.
- Being able to convert more textures into dds.
- Effect editor

Etc. You can see its main functions in the OP.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Animated parts!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMmVf-MbNM[/youtube]