Maxis Style Pack ( 485 Creatures )

How many eyes is too many eyes?
Forum rules
Please, when posting creations,
- Share the .png file you will find at %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Spore Creations, so everyone can use your creation!
- Also, please list which DLCs and mods were used in your creation(s), so people know what they'll need to have installed to use it.
Nonhuman
Cell
Cell

Maxis Style Pack ( 485 Creatures )

Unread post by Nonhuman »

banner.jpg
This is a pack of 485 creatures made by me, inspired by the default Maxis creatures, no megabuilds or complexity meter breaking here; just a bunch of simple yet recognizable and charming creatures to be discovered and appreciated as you progress through the game.

Requires no DLC at all, even exoskeleton limbs isn't required!, this works even with the first ever version of the game. ( v1.0 )

All creations in this pack have the creator name of "Maxis Style Pack" for easy recognition in-game.

Download:
Maxis_Style_Pack_PNGs.zip

Alternative Download:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spore/comments ... creatures/

Note: Personally the best way to use this pack is by first completely wiping your pollination and save files to get rid of any "weird" creations like megabuilds or any stuff that doesn't look stylistically fitting in general ( if you have any ), gaprops etc. and then putting my pngs in your my spore creations folder, these combined with the Maxis creations will make for a more consistent experience as your play.
( Pollination and save files folder is "C:\Users\*USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE", all files there can be deleted to fully wipe everything, though "Preferences" can stay as it holds your settings. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nonhuman on Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Maxis Style Pack ( 485 Creatures )

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

"Kooper" is inspired by "Koopa" ? :D

Precisely, about this same type of creature, there is one which is similar that we see on the last blue thumbnail of sorting criterion of the Sporpedia, I expected to see it in the list, as d other creatures too, but no:
Her name is unfortunately not visible, But it looks like "Armadillo", I'm looking for her, she looks a lot like a Koopa :). Would you know her? Would you be able to find it or make it as identical as possible? I will be able to do it, but I prefer to have it identical and to have its real name (and if it exists in French, that would suit me).

We also see it in this image, it seems to be the same creature, although it looks quadruped to me on the blue thumbnail:
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Nonhuman
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Nonhuman »

FrenchSPORE wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:21 pm "Kooper" is inspired by "Koopa" ? :D

I only made that one as a slight reference to that Koopa-like creature from those images, but it's not meant to be 100% the same.

For example there are also some creatures in this that are also similar to some of the 2006-2007 stuff; one is "Jolly Lumpo" which is like 2006 "Jolly Lumpus", "Greevil Weevil" is like 2006 "Greevil", "Orlod" is like 2006 "Orlop" + there are even some weird Willosaur looking ones in there too, they're all meant to be similar but not the same.

I think the only 100% same replica I made in this is some random 2006 creature called "Borkabor" lol, but I made it only available as a space stage empire.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

I only made that one as a slight reference to that Koopa-like creature from those images, but it's not meant to be 100% the same.
No, I said it was similar, and if it was possible for you (or anyone else) to make it as identical as possible.
For example there are also some creatures in this that are also similar to some of the 2006-2007 stuff; one is "Jolly Lumpo" which is like 2006 "Jolly Lumpus", "Greevil Weevil" is like 2006 "Greevil", "Orlod" is like 2006 "Orlop" + there are even some weird Willosaur looking ones in there too, they're all meant to be similar but not the same.
Yes, but these creatures are those from the SPORE universe, while Koopa is a completely aside from character from the Nintendo universe ;), that's what caught my eye directly.
I think the only 100% same replica I made in this is some random 2006 creature called "Borkabor" lol, but I made it only available as a space stage empire.
I don't remember this creature anymore, :lol: . I'll go see her again in the Sporpedia.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
domen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by domen »

Nonhuman wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:07 am banner.jpg
This is a pack of 485 creatures made by me, inspired by the default Maxis creatures, no megabuilds or complexity meter breaking here; just a bunch of simple yet recognizable and charming creatures to be discovered and appreciated as you progress through the game.

Requires no DLC at all, even exoskeleton limbs isn't required!, this works even with the first ever version of the game. ( v1.0 )

All creations in this pack have the creator name of "Maxis Style Pack" for easy recognition in-game.

Download:
Maxis_Style_Pack_PNGs.zip
lves and others. Let's continue to explore and embrace the richness of our sexual experiences, fostering love, respect, and fulfillment in our lives.

Alternative Download:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spore/comments ... creatures/

Note: Personally the best way to use this pack is by first completely wiping your pollination and save files to get rid of any "weird" creations like megabuilds or any stuff that doesn't look stylistically fitting in general ( if you have any ), gaprops etc. and then putting my pngs in your my spore creations folder, these combined with the Maxis creations will make for a more consistent experience as your play.
( Pollination and save files folder is "C:\Users\*USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE", all files there can be deleted to fully wipe everything, though "Preferences" can stay as it holds your settings. )
amazing. Thanks for share
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Creatures”