Removal of adventures after one is done

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
itchyrin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Removal of adventures after one is done

Unread post by itchyrin »

Hi all!

I am annoyed by the fact that adventures take 10 more adventures in order to cycle through them. I would love it if as soon as you were done
with said adventure, the adventure disappears and allows your ship to terraform and place colonies on the surface once again.

I have no modding experience, but I still downloaded Sporemodder to do my own research. I even tried to make the mod myself, but I can't figure
it out :(

I even found the culprit! Under the "gametuning~" file in the EP1 Data folder, there is a file called SpaceGalacticConstants. In that file, there is a line that says "numAdventuresPreserved" capped at 10. Is it possible to use this line to make a mod that gets rid of adventures once you complete them?

Thank you for reading this far. If this mod is possible, I would really appreciate the help! I want to try to take over the whole galaxy, and this is the only thing in my way
Attachments
uhhhhh.png
uhhhhh.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 2508 times

Ivy
Cell
Cell

Re: Removal of adventures after one is done

Unread post by Ivy »

In fact, there is already a mod that does this. Not sure how it was implemented, but that's a good guess.
See this message in the discord: https://discord.com/channels/3681982186 ... 0836839425
itchyrin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Removal of adventures after one is done

Unread post by itchyrin »

Ivy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:22 am In fact, there is already a mod that does this. Not sure how it was implemented, but that's a good guess.
See this message in the discord: https://discord.com/channels/3681982186 ... 0836839425
Thank you so much! I appreciate you going out of your way to find that for me. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”